Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people."
- (Added by: DAVE)

Sidecar mounting hardware
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Posted 10/10/2003 12:52 PM (#1090)
Subject: Sidecar mounting hardware

Would anyone know if it is possible to get mounting hardware to mount a Harley Ultra Sidecar to an 02 Heritage Softail. Manuals say never to mount a Harley sidecar to a Softail Frame.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 10/10/2003 3:08 PM (#1092 - in reply to #1090)
Subject: RE: Sidecar mounting hardware

Expert

Check with Pete Larson @ Liberty Sidecars. I believe he uses a combination of H-D mounts and his own propriatory hardware to mount his sidecars on Softtails. He might just sell you some.
His Ph. 206-568-6030, fax 206-568-6045

Posted 10/10/2003 8:00 PM (#1098 - in reply to #1090)

If you already have an HD sidecar, and want to mount it to an HD, I suggest getting one of the motorcycles that Harley approves for sidecar use. If they proscribe attaching to a certain model, it may be because the suspension, wheels, etc. may not be strong enough to handle the extra side loads of an attached hack. And few of today's HD dealers are familiar enough with sidecars to be able to offer dependable advice.

But if you're just thinking about buying an appropriate sidecar to attach to your HD, I'd encourage you to check out what Liberty has to offer. In my opinion, the Liberty is a much better product than the HD sidecar, for about the same $$. It's got sidecar wheel suspension for a smoother ride, a classier design, and much better aerodynamics for the passenger. Pete can also provide appropriate attachment hardware for specified HD machines, modified triple clamps for easier steering, and personal service.
jamesmoss
Posted 6/21/2017 4:30 PM (#93923 - in reply to #1090)

New User

I would try www.motorvation.com
They have all the mounting and other accessories.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software