Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Riders Wanted -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: i got a lot of help when i was younger as i never used to be able to do nomal things like other people till i had my third foot removed now i can stand on my own two feet
- (Added by: dave)

Anyone in Virginia out there?
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Riders WantedMessage format

redsoxcah
Posted 12/29/2009 5:49 PM (#48307 - in reply to #20070)
Subject: Re: Anyone in Virginia out there?

Fellow VA riders,
Planning on attending the National Rally this year Vermont. I will most likely make it a ride through PA, NY and through the Adirondacks to get there over a two day period. Hoping others might want to ride together going the long way on secondary roads.

Hank
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kghale
Posted 12/29/2009 7:33 PM (#48310 - in reply to #20070)
Subject: RE: Anyone in Virginia out there?

Hi Hank
Depending on work, I am planning on going to the Rally. My wife does't get enought time off to go there as we have other plans in June that will kill her vacation. Keep in touch when the time gets closer.
See Ya Ken
redsoxcah
Posted 12/29/2009 7:46 PM (#48311 - in reply to #20070)

Ken
I'll stay in the loop, I was also considering seeing if we could put a state gathering together this year. I was thinking Kings Dominion since its easily reached or someplace on the BRP (blue ridge Parkway) for September? The BRP itself is a road that just makes riding a sidecar fun.

Hank
HOG
Posted 1/11/2010 9:39 PM (#48579 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Hey Herwing, haven't heard from u in awhile. I have 2 wings with hannagans now and am now having a hannigan made for my HD.

Edited by HOG 1/29/2010 9:23 PM
redsoxcah
Posted 1/12/2010 2:26 PM (#48586 - in reply to #20070)

Fellow Old Dominon Riders A Hack gathering in Roanoke come March 13th (downtown), Having had the pleasure of joining the Copper Hill Sidecar gangfor this parade I can say that it is a wonderful greening expereince.

Hank Pfister and fellow riders make it a perfect day.

Any Sidecarists who want to participate in the parade let me know. Pass this on to any other sidecarist that might be interested.
Hank Pfister
Copper Hill, VA
pfestus1@yahoo.com
March
HOG
Posted 1/12/2010 4:20 PM (#48588 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

What time is the parade and where are u meeting?I live in Pearisburg, i hour away.
redsoxcah
Posted 1/13/2010 7:07 AM (#48597 - in reply to #20070)

I have sent Hank Pfister a note for specitic details, the last time I road the parade we met about 0830am and the parade was over by 10:30, line up was close to downtown Roanke
Pfestus1
Posted 1/13/2010 8:38 AM (#48599 - in reply to #20070)

Thanks Hank (Redsoxcah), for posting about the Saint Patty's Day Parade in Roanoke. Its something some of us Roanoke area sidecarists have been participating in for a few years. We enter the parade as "The Copper Hill Sidecar Club", which is a loosely organized group that got its name from a little community in Floyd County where I live, and a Ural rider lives.
As Hank Redsox posted, the parade this year is on Saturday, March 13. We would gather that morning, maybe for breakfast around 9am, to be at the lineup by 10 or a little after. Parade starts at noon, I believe. I'll check the official flyer to see for sure. I will be sending in the application for a spot soon, and need an approximate number of sidecars. I'll post more info here soon.
I can be contacted by phone or email
Hank Pfister
Copper Hill, VA
pfestus1 at yahoo.com
540 420 7958 (cell)
HOG
Posted 1/13/2010 7:51 PM (#48609 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

How many showed last year?

Edited by HOG 1/29/2010 9:23 PM
Pfestus1
Posted 1/14/2010 4:43 PM (#48629 - in reply to #48609)

Last years weather was really bad, cold and wet. Our parade unit cancelled, but the parade did go on, but there was not as big a festival. The year before we had 5 sidecars. We dress up as green as we can. Here is a link to the parade web site:
http://www.eventzone.org/index.php?s=St.+Pats

http://pfestus1.smugmug.com/Family/St-Pats-Day-2008/Ready-to-roll-2...
And a picture from the '08 parade:
http://pfestus1.smugmug.com/Family/St-Pats-Day-2008/Ready-to-roll-2...

(268308258_kzdQw-S.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 268308258_kzdQw-S.jpg (46KB - 5 downloads)
HOG
Posted 1/14/2010 10:02 PM (#48632 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Hope

Edited by HOG 1/29/2010 9:22 PM
HOG
Posted 1/19/2010 9:45 PM (#48726 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Weather permitting

Edited by HOG 1/22/2010 12:16 PM
herwing
Posted 3/2/2010 12:37 PM (#49684 - in reply to #48579)

Veteran

Hi Hog,

I didn't mean to ignore your post - I just haven't been checking the sidecar site much & I guess that I missed it!

Wow! How will you ever find time to ride all of those rigs?

I thought we might go to Daytona for Bikeweek, but we decided that the weather wasn't good enough to justify the expense. I guess we'll get the bikes out eventually! We usually ride over to Monterey for one of the two weekends of the Maple Festival. If we do that this year, it will probably be our first ride.
HOG
Posted 3/9/2010 10:20 PM (#49827 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Hey, Herwing.. I don't go to this site as often as I used to either. I took the HD with the new Hannigan on it out today for the first time. Haven't rode the HD since I got the wings. Right now both wings are in pieces in my garage switching everthing that can be switched from the 88 to the 96. SLOOOW going so I will be riding the HD to MB for bike week. First time to drive the HD down, other years It was a trailer queen. Are u or anyone going to the Metrolina Bike swap meet in Charlotte NC the last Sat/Sun of this month. Largest bike flea market I have ever seen. Get great buys every year. Maybe this is the year we meet on the road somewhere!?
HOG
Posted 3/9/2010 10:21 PM (#49829 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Hey, Herwing.. I don't go to this site as often as I used to either. I took the HD with the new Hannigan on it out today for the first time. Haven't rode the HD since I got the wings. Right now both wings are in pieces in my garage switching everthing that can be switched from the 88 to the 96. SLOOOW going so I will be riding the HD to MB for bike week. First time to drive the HD down, other years It was a trailer queen. Are u or anyone going to the Metrolina Bike swap meet in Charlotte NC the last Sat/Sun of this month. Largest bike flea market I have ever seen. Get great buys every year. Maybe this is the year we meet on the road somewhere!?
herwing
Posted 3/10/2010 11:15 PM (#49853 - in reply to #49829)

Veteran

Hi Hog,

We don't have plans for much of anything, so far! Can't imagine that we'll go to Myrtle for Bike Week. We have tentative plans to attend the Spring Fling in Pigeon Forge, TN in April, but that's about it. My hubby's Wing is in the shop right now with no word yet as to what its problem might be. So it is doubtful that we'll ride over to Monterey; besides it looks like it may be a wet weekend. And my bike is waiting for some new belts, so it won't be going out for awhile. This past year has been hard on all of our vehicles, both two and four wheeled! Right now the only bike that is road worthy is my little V-Star (I think!). We're getting a slow start, but I feel certain we'll be out & about shortly. We like to ride up on the Blue Ridge Parkway; maybe we can meet up there for a ride some time this riding season!
HOG
Posted 3/21/2010 9:00 PM (#49997 - in reply to #20070)

Regular

Hey Herwing, two nights ago my store burnt down. Lost Subway,c-store,fudge shop etc. The second story is a mush on the ground. Haven't been on the internet much. Started at 2:25am. I was there from 2:34am till late the next day. They had it out about 8 in the morning. No one was hurt. Worried about my employees and rebuilding. I meet w/insurance and investigators tommorow. Hope I can get out and ride just to calm down but if you don't see me online, you'll know why....
SwampFox
Posted 3/21/2010 9:16 PM (#49998 - in reply to #49997)

Expert

Sorry about the fire HOG, but we're sure glad nobody was hurt. We wish y'all the best in settling-up and rebuilding.
Pfestus1
Posted 3/22/2010 7:55 AM (#50001 - in reply to #49997)

HOG, sorry to hear about your fire. I hope you can get up and running again SAP. I'm sure your community relies on your services. I wish you well!
herwing
Posted 3/22/2010 11:47 PM (#50012 - in reply to #49997)

Veteran

Hog, I'm so sorry to hear about your store! You just take care of things and don't worry about me - I check this site sporadically, anyway. Hope you got out and enjoyed a bit of the beautiful weekend in spite of the situation! We rode over to Monterey on my hubby's bike Saturday - it was great!
Take care!
Connie
GeorgiaBill
Posted 3/24/2010 8:02 AM (#50018 - in reply to #49997)

David, what a bummer. Hope you can get your business back up and running, better than before. Keep the recipes for your fudge.

Bill
redsoxcah
Posted 4/30/2010 4:28 PM (#50878 - in reply to #20070)
Subject: RE: Anyone in Virginia out there?

Fellow Dominion Hacks,
Starting to look ahead to riding to the national rally this year in VT. I still intend to go via MD-PA-NY finger lakes- Adirondacks and over to Burlington VT. I would enjoy having a few more hacks to ride with. let me know if you are interested. I have reasonable flexibility on start date and route is open to those who ride.

hank
redsoxcah
Posted 6/19/2010 5:48 PM (#52010 - in reply to #20070)

Fellow Riders,
Looks like I will head for the national rally starting Tuesday 6 july, I will headup through PA and NY then over to the rally for Thurs-Friday-Sat and then head back via interstate (or close to it). let me know if others maybe heading up that way.
wvsporty
Posted 11/1/2014 9:50 AM (#80922 - in reply to #20070)

Extreme Veteran

I am kinda Virginia, West Virginia, eastern panhandle to be exact . I frequently ride into NOVA.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software