Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> On the road with ... -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The outside of a horse is good for the insides of a man..

"The Oasis of my Soul"... A Lifelong Journey on the road...
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> On the road with ...Message format

Beemerchef
Posted 2/19/2007 11:12 AM (#23038 - in reply to #21398)
Subject: A Homeless gathering...

A Homeless gathering...

It has been a great time having JKam over, we are small numbers but... we did call it a Homeless Riders Get Together!... Wondering how many more are out there with no ties to any walls and their live’s possession’s at hand! JKam is on a Journey as I am, with a deeper Soul than most, the contrast of being unattached to material possessions makes us dig in deeper into the true essence of life.
We have been lounging around for a couple days now!... Spirit has a new friend, we have shared some great food and many conversations...
Sunrises and Sunsets have been our clock, some great Fireworks seen happening in town... as I have written and pasted the pictures of these couple days in the Blog!

You be well...

Ara & Spirit
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beemerchef
Posted 2/21/2007 9:57 AM (#23070 - in reply to #21398)
Subject: Historic Rt66 to Oatman, AZ.

Historic Rt66 to Oatman, AZ.

Our last day here, south of Lake Havasu City... it has been a fine and quiet time, a great place to set up camp, besides a few disrespectful dirt riders not slowing down creating waves of dust!
The town has been convenient to get supplies... I did not want to miss the chance to ride Historic 66 to Oatman... First however we rode south on spur 95 making a long loop... thousands of trailers and RV’s that way... sand dunes... and some pictures on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 2/23/2007 10:54 AM (#23142 - in reply to #21398)
Subject: New Friends in Kingman, AZ.

New Friends in Kingman, AZ.

We are finally settled by Red Rock Canyon, Nevada. Why plan any routes since I don’t follow them anyhow!... Left Kingman this morning, actually passed through Las Vegas... I will give you my impressions on the next go around. Yesterday was a smooth ride from Lake Havasu to the Hospitality of Mark, Angie and his wonderful family... including a personal tour in his hangar and some late cooking for everyone... Definitely no dinner for me tonight... but last night was a good one!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 2/24/2007 10:17 PM (#23186 - in reply to #21398)
Subject: To Red Reck Canyon, NV.

To Red Rock Canyon, NV.

We have arrived at Red Rock Canyon and it is cold and windy. A shock to the system for the both of us, we were getting used to running around all day in a T Shirt! For the first time I had to put some rocks at the base of the Dish, even though anchored, 30mph winds with gusts of 50 just did not make me trust that anchor.
It was a fine road from Kingman... going through Las Vegas... hummm, what happened to that town?
We are settled and even saw a bit of Mt Hamilton... enjoy the pictures.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 2/26/2007 10:24 AM (#23203 - in reply to #21398)
Subject: A "bit" of Red Rock Canyon, NV.

A bit of Red Rock Canyon, NV.

I could not stand it anymore... cold and snowing a bit, Spirit has his coat, I have my Gerbings... dark skies or not I wanted to at least ride the loop at Red Canyon. And we did just that...
Today, the sun is out again, the temps are still down, and a renewed energy seemed to have surfaced. Sunshine is definitely the meaning of life and the soul. An incredible energizer for me...
This was the loop yesterday... we have much hiking and rides planned here... we?... right!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 2/28/2007 12:40 PM (#23251 - in reply to #23203)
Subject: About "Storms" and "Scooters"...

About “Storms” and “Scooters”...

Lots always seems to happen when close to a City... rule of thumb, right?
The idea was to head out for a ride, but seeing scooters after scooters... well, it just did not happen... we stopped, talked and end up following them to their 7th Annual Rally spot!
They were from all over the World, England... Japan... just about all the cities in the USA.
And I was in the middle of it, 4 times their size... that’s the rig mind you.
It took up most of the day... so no sunsets or no sunrise pictures today!
What a break! I’ll make up for it soon... promise!
This was before the storm that caused evacuating Red Rock Canyon... what a night!
Enjoy the Blog...

Ara & Spirit

... There has to be others on the road as me... I would love to read your stories...
Beemerchef
Posted 3/1/2007 1:08 PM (#23272 - in reply to #23251)
Subject: Valley of Fire, NV... cooking with heat?

Valley of Fire... cooking with heat?

Good move... the winds are practically non existent here and I (we... I heard him!) slept like logs last night. There was some clouds and rain in the horizons threatening and NOAA showed just scattered rain, (smart... finally!), the temps dropping to the low thirties tonight and we took off on this, I call it, Foreign Planet!
There is “green plants” actually... had not seen any for a while and none of the colors here are what they are suppose to be!... The roads?... awesome and so are the people here. A must to visit...
Oh! I also cooked some...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/2/2007 11:21 PM (#23321 - in reply to #23272)
Subject: Much more of Valley of Fire, NV.

More of Valley of Fire... NV.

Mother Nature cannot ever be forgotten... as much as we had a great break yesterday. Windy again and cold... but we are going. We cannot let it stop us in our tracks of the beautiful surroundings... a forgotten National Treasure, no doubt...
The pictures today will speak for themselves... such an amazing place!
I think you will truly enjoy yourselves...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/5/2007 2:59 AM (#23356 - in reply to #23321)
Subject: Same scenario, but without the crashing...

Same scenario without the crashing this time...

This is what living on the road is all about... the unexpected... great sunny day and freezing ones... great running bikes and mechanical failures! Will accept it all... with a smile... as around the corner, friends are ready with open arms and open doors of their home to get us going again.
This was the case today as you can read on the Blog.

We are well, hope you are too...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/6/2007 3:15 PM (#23392 - in reply to #23356)
Subject: Some Reflections on this Journey...

Some Reflections on this Journey...

On hold by a rod... I will have it today, and the one my friend Didier overnighted me from New York is much stronger, maybe this will avoid future dismemberment of my rig!... We cannot afford the past experience and this was fortunate enough to be discovered without any further damage.
Today should be the day... and as I sit here waiting, I would like to share some reflections from my recent months on the road... Looking back is always beneficial to the path that lays ahead...
You be the judges...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/8/2007 9:18 PM (#23454 - in reply to #23392)
Subject: North... South... West?... lets go East...

North... South... West... let’s go East...

The excitement of the rig being so solid again as I took it out for a spin yesterday morning I think distracted me from my plans! Kingman... so close to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Yavapai, Coconino National Forest... the wheels went East. We drove, we rode... we are south of Sedona by a few miles and it has been HOT... with capital letters!
Much to see... always... and experience and much to cook somehow!
The Oasis of my Soul has many facets it seems like!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/10/2007 7:11 PM (#23502 - in reply to #23454)
Subject: Sightseeing around Sedona, AZ.

Sightseeing around Sedona, AZ.

We are riding to the sites in the books... much History, and much other visitors also, but all worthwhile seeing. From Montezuma Well, to Montezuma Castle, the latter wrongly named, we have been going all day. Meeting another rider and saying my goodbyes to my great neighbors...
A full day... all in the Blog!

Hope you enjoy, we did...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/12/2007 11:57 AM (#23519 - in reply to #23502)
Subject: Jerome and the Mangus Highway, AZ.

Jerome and the Mangus Highway, AZ.

Out of the Sedona traffic and construction roads, on to Jerome up in the Mountains with a great ride through the Mangus Highway down to Prescott, what a great day it was yesterday.
As I will probably head north tomorrow, today is the day for errands, tightening up the scene and the loose ends... top of the fuel and water, food... you never know what is ahead with my open minded Journey ahead of me.
I keep thinking that at some point I will meet someone on the road from a Forum, but it has not happened yet... we saw lots of riders, somehow they were all going the other way!
Enjoy the Blog... and be well, have a great week.

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/14/2007 9:27 AM (#23571 - in reply to #23519)
Subject: More roads up and down and around Sedona, AZ.

More roads up and down and around Sedona...

A gravel road with great watering holes... followed by 89A... not for the faint of heart... and now we are packed headed toward the Grand Canyon... with millions of pictures of it in circulation I have to add my own!... Should be great camping near Tusayan... National Forest... and most likely cooler temps... Ah! Almost forgot... must check NOAA... the weather you know.
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/15/2007 7:55 PM (#23595 - in reply to #23571)
Subject: Why on the Road?...

Why on the road?...

It was only this morning that we left Beaver Creek Campground, south of Sedona... we are a few miles for the Grand Canyon’s south rim, I have not seen any of it yet, and it is sometime in the middle of the night... We are camped on National Forest, they call it “dispersed” camping, off a forest road which are abundant around here. There is no one near by and my clock right away has switched to a no time zone... more on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/17/2007 12:08 PM (#23626 - in reply to #23595)
Subject: The Grand Canyon, AZ.

The Grand Canyon, AZ.

What can one say about the Grand Canyon?... besides being mesmerized throughout this jaw dropping, eye popping, sensory overload experience. One of the few places I can sit for hours and loose my sight and senses deep into this incredible wonder.
One of the most enjoyable place to also camp here... the nearest neighbor is about half a mile away... and I had dinner for lunch... as you will see!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/19/2007 11:11 AM (#23748 - in reply to #23626)
Subject: More on the Grand Canyon, AZ.

More on the Grand Canyon, AZ.

It was just another beautiful day here, NOAA is predicting snow and mid twenties by Tuesday... but that is a couple days ahead. Lots of riding through the Park, the weekend crowd is a bit different... glad to see many city people coming here to enjoy the sites as we did... before the views disappear due to increasing haze... You can read about it here...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/21/2007 12:31 AM (#23833 - in reply to #23748)
Subject: Valle's "Planes of Fame Air Museum", AZ

Beemerchef
Posted 3/21/2007 12:31 AM (#23834 - in reply to #23748)
Subject: Valle's "Planes of Fame Air Museum", AZ

Valle’s “Planes of Fame Air Museum”, AZ.

I think, I am fairly sure that we are going to “The Grand Circle” on our way to California...
“The Grand Circle” including Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Glen Canyon, Capitol Reef... and more.
Exciting riding, hiking, photography and eating!... eating meaning cooking too...
There is much more if we went a bit more North/East... but, have to leave some for next year!... and the following...
A couple days ago we went to Valle ‘s “Planes of Fame Air Museum”, what I thought was going to be a quick stop turned out to be an almost all day visit... a must to see, all in the Blog.

PS: if anyone wants more pictures and info (taken also in pictures), let me know. I can send you the SmuMug link they are all on... too many for the Blog...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit... soon on the road again.
Beemerchef
Posted 3/22/2007 12:12 PM (#23888 - in reply to #23834)
Subject: On the road, 89N through AZ and Utah...

On the road, 89N, AZ and Utah.

89 Northbound from the eastern entrance of the south rim Grand Canyon to Utah must be one of the best scenic road I have ever been on. So much scenery, from rock formations, to the Little Colorado Gorge in a more intimate setting than the Grand Canyon... to Panguitch... were we had to turn around. Campgrounds are closed, snow is still present with more on the way, wind is howling and why can I not set my mind to the fact that winter is not over yet!
So we are south of all that... 50 this morning near Kanab... and will take some day trips to the scenic areas surrounding us.
Some pictures of our way up here on the Blog...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

PS: isn't there anyone else that would like to write a ride report???
There is more to life than tires... carburators and brake pads...
Beemerchef
Posted 3/23/2007 10:53 PM (#23945 - in reply to #23888)
Subject: Kanab Canyon and more... UT.

Kanab Canyon and more... UT.

How can so much happen while on the road without a “home”? The trails of the mind must be wide open with all its doors unlocked... Turned on by a friend to Ken Foster’s book “the dogs who found me”, suddenly opens a path of joy finding out that his Pit must be Spirit’s brother!
And what better surrounding than riding through a Canyon to discover just a bit later that “Best Friends Animal Sanctuary”, a no kill shelter for animals, has tours of their center... where I actually find Ken Foster’s book less than 24hrs after its discovery... and should I also mention “autographed”... All this leading to a great dinner... I never thought that living on the road was going to be so exciting... as you might read it in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/25/2007 10:04 PM (#23990 - in reply to #23945)
Subject: A quick long ride through Zion NP., UT.

A quick long ride through Zion NP., Utah

I need to learn new words to describe this Park, or I just have to stop riding through these natural wonders. My vocabulary is starting to feel limited! What a blast... going... what a shower... coming back! The rig is purring... with 170+/-K on it I even hate to think about it... no jinks please.
And as if the ride was not enough we are moving there for a while... it will be base camp for many other attractions if that is what we are going to call them.
This one is already in the Blog.
Enjoy, be well... hope that you are also having a great weekend...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/27/2007 8:04 PM (#24021 - in reply to #23990)
Subject: The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

Staying in most of the day, NOAA called in for some bad weather... but I think they are mistaken.
Great campsite, so great that we might, just might stay here for a couple weeks... but I have said that before. It is just that there are so many places to ride around here... and see!
Might even have some company soon... that would be great... Fire at night, great roads, great scenery... what more can I write on the Blog!... many pictures too...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/29/2007 11:05 PM (#24082 - in reply to #24021)
Subject: Darker Skies in Zion NP., Utah...

Darker Skies in Zion NP. Utah...

The forecast... after these couple days is as sunny as it can be for as long as they can predict it!
Lets endure these couple of days... I know that it will be all worth it.
Did not hold us back from some riding as darker skies make for some great pictures and give out a different feeling about this whole place.
We did have to turn around, bitter cold winds... the snow flakes were an added attraction...
Luckily enough ingredients to make dinner... preceded by a visit to Farmer’s Market...
The Journey goes on... cannot even think about our next destination! This is Home for now...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Beemerchef
Posted 3/31/2007 1:07 PM (#24123 - in reply to #24082)
Subject: Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP Utah

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP. Utah

East of here is still bitter cold, I was so wrong assuming that things will warm up at higher elevations! I guess I have lived in Florida too long...
But west of here, off the town of Virgin, is Kolob Terrace road which is less crowded entrance to also Zion Park. Love the setting, the riding... but not the road blocked by the snow a bit further up...
Cooked up a poor man’s pasta dish also with what I had left in the small pantry... tasty!...
It is on the Blog... in living colors!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software