Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 95% of all Urals built in the last ten years are still on the road....The other 5% made it home
- (Added by: DAVE)

"Adventure Rally" Anyone? - 09 ~ 12 AUG 2007, Menlo, WA
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

mmpaull
Posted 3/6/2007 10:02 AM (#23384)
Subject: "Adventure Rally" Anyone? - 09 ~ 12 AUG 2007, Menlo, WA

In addition to other motorcycle/sidecar-related activities I'm involved in, I'm one of the organizers for the Pacific Northwest GS Rally. This is a "GS" (not specific to the BMW breed, but open to any street legal dual-purpose/enduro/off-road capable bike or hack with an engine displacement of greater than 649ccs). By popular request, this year's PNWGS Rally has been extended to 4 days. We're super excited to have champion off-roader Jimmy Lewis with us this year. Jimmy will be offering paid-for enduro clinics, and has confirmed that he'd welcome sidecars to the classes.

If you're interested in attending (if nothing else, its an all-meals included, free presentations, and amazing door prizes, four-day campout in WA State!), details are on our website at:

http://www.pnwgsrally.com

And, if you're interested in learning a few tricks from Jimmy Lewis on two or three-wheels, you may also sign-up for his clinics, though we are limiting the clinics to 40 rider/pilots total over two full-day classes, so we expect these to sell out quickly!

http://www.pnwgsrally.com/register.php

Some pics of last year's Rally may be seen at (and there's at least one hack in there, yours truly, hauling ice for the masses):

http://www.pnwgsrally.com/rally06gallery.html

Ural Motorcycles will also have their demo trailer there, and will have a number of rigs available for test rides (maybe even their cross-bike hack).

Best Regards,

MikeM. Paull
Kenmore, WA
2005 BMW R1200GS/EZS Rally "L" (UberHack)
2006 Ural Gear-Up (SideCzar)

"The world is a book and those that do not travel, read only a page." - St. Augustine

"... not all who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JayDauntless
Posted 3/6/2007 10:07 PM (#23405 - in reply to #23384)
Subject: RE: "Adventure Rally" Anyone? - 09 ~ 12 AUG 2007, Menlo, WA

Extreme Veteran

Sounds like fun. I hope to make it. Right now all I have is one or our Platform sidecars on a KLR with one of our leading link front ends but who knows what I will own by then.
Jay Giese
Dauntless Motors Corporation
www.dauntlessmotors.com
866-638-1793
mmpaull
Posted 3/6/2007 10:24 PM (#23408 - in reply to #23405)
Subject: RE: "Adventure Rally" Anyone? - 09 ~ 12 AUG 2007, Menlo, WA

Jay -

Always good to see you and your fun rigs at any of the local events, hope you and Tara can make it!

Best,

MikeP

Edited by mmpaull 3/6/2007 10:24 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software