Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Sidecar FAQ -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dog Riding Partners
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Sidecar FAQMessage format

SIDECARSRULE
Posted 4/25/2011 11:06 AM (#57524 - in reply to #57520)
Subject: Re: Dog Riding Partners

Hi There....I am still at my son's yamaha dealership and it's gotten so big...I have only had a couple of people want sidecars and my husband is the one who puts them on..We still have a lot to learn about sidecars....How are you doing , It's been a long time , Still riding? Just set up a 562 velorex on my roadstar and found out the car is to light..Rig runs great but am upgrading the frame & wheel thru north west sidecars, met them here on the forum...Great help thanks to Lonnie.... Keep in touch with me
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 4/25/2011 11:23 AM (#57525 - in reply to #24351)

Looks like he's "Grewsome" since you've had him. I don't see your local Smokey in the pic, where's he hiding this time? lol
I caught too many yellow jackets with the 4" wind "Deflector" and switched to an 8"windshield.
Are you heading for the Chelan Rally this year?

Lonnie
Reardan Tom
Posted 4/25/2011 12:14 PM (#57526 - in reply to #24351)

They're out in force this morning Lonnie. Hearing him and a reserve on the scanner doing the speed trap thing while the school zone light flashes. Yeah, that one doesn't "deflect" the wind hits me mid chest. I plan on driving up Saturday in the car unless Henry comes a long way in a month's time as far as riding in the sidecar. I'll visit with everyone and return home that evening. We'll be at the John Day rally though. Plan on trailering to that one, once again because of Henry. I don't think he'll be up for a trip like that in the sidecar. He'll get there but has to grow up in more ways than just adding pounds and muscle. You're right, he grew some over the winter... Oh yeah, the photo was taken closer to our place than the city limits. The speed trap is within those boundaries. Except for Lincoln Co's finest. They're out there too! Welcome to Lincoln Co!! Although last Labor Day I was riding with the HOG group east of Lewiston, ID. We left a gas stop, pulled up to a stop sign as a group, pulled away as a group. I was second from the rear. An ISP came around the back guy and pulled me over. $75 for failing to stop at the stop sign. Nez Pierce Co. Oh well....
Hack'n
Posted 4/25/2011 12:46 PM (#57527 - in reply to #24351)

Give me your phone #. If I'm able to make the Rally I'll be going through Wilbur and Reardon is on the way. I'll be watching the speedo on Washington byways.

Lonnie
kayakinbiker
Posted 4/25/2011 2:37 PM (#57528 - in reply to #57526)

Reardan Tom - 4/25/2011 12:14 PM

They're out in force this morning Lonnie. Hearing him and a reserve on the scanner doing the speed trap thing while the school zone light flashes. Yeah, that one doesn't "deflect" the wind hits me mid chest. I plan on driving up Saturday in the car unless Henry comes a long way in a month's time as far as riding in the sidecar. I'll visit with everyone and return home that evening. We'll be at the John Day rally though. Plan on trailering to that one, once again because of Henry. I don't think he'll be up for a trip like that in the sidecar. He'll get there but has to grow up in more ways than just adding pounds and muscle. You're right, he grew some over the winter... Oh yeah, the photo was taken closer to our place than the city limits. The speed trap is within those boundaries. Except for Lincoln Co's finest. They're out there too! Welcome to Lincoln Co!! Although last Labor Day I was riding with the HOG group east of Lewiston, ID. We left a gas stop, pulled up to a stop sign as a group, pulled away as a group. I was second from the rear. An ISP came around the back guy and pulled me over. $75 for failing to stop at the stop sign. Nez Pierce Co. Oh well....

I am a bus driver, normally.....yaya...most think I'm NOT normal..HEEHEE!! Sooo, I try to ride/drive the speed limit. I prefer to ride solo alot for the very reason that you had that prob in the group...they either ride too fast or make sloppy stops and the police can be anywhere out there, just hoping to get their quota of tix....getting a sidecar would be perfect for me and Georgia! I drive..she rides sidecar....then there's that known prob when ya ride at the end, where the crack the whip thing occurs...the last bikes always have to ride faster to stay caught up to the front bikes...

When I was riding with a bunch of Aero riders in Wisconsin I decided to NOT play catchemup and stood my ground and just did the speed limit.. I wound up maintaining distance for a car to pass if they were p\od enough to NEED to get around us. split the group in half and led the group over hill and dale...after we finished 1 of the guys complimented me on my riding abilities..it was nice of him but being new to the group and a WOMAN, I wondered if he would have complimented a man just the same...hmmmm...
Hack'n
Posted 4/25/2011 3:44 PM (#57529 - in reply to #24351)

Our very small group (four or less) has just one rule if split up we will meet at the 1st Saloon on the right side in the next town. It's worked well for the last few decades. Oh, yeah, and we stay under .08 at least till the days riding is done. After that, to each his/her own. Hard to believe when some of our group are Canucks, Eh?

Lonnie
c64club
Posted 7/6/2011 4:31 AM (#58870 - in reply to #24351)

I think that Delma will enjoy long sidecar riding. Mopeds and motorcycles are only vechicles she tolerates and in sunny days she hides from sunbeam under my or my friends' parked bikes in my backyard. Delma also enjoyed being transported to vet in standatd two-wheeled trailer.

But as each german shepherd she has errected ears. And even with windshield and roof there are air whirls inside the sidecar. I don't want her to get ears inflamation. Is there any way to protect her from such aliment? I dont think if she could like earplugs or other "patents" in/on her ears and I don't want to torture her in such way.
Pat Huey
Posted 7/25/2011 9:49 PM (#59218 - in reply to #24351)

http://www.strangenewproducts.com/2006/03/ear-protection-for-flying...
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=28063
http://www.oasisoriginals.net/petgear.html
http://www.twomuttsandabear.com/muttmuffs.htm
http://www.cherrybrook.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/3/2/bHappy-Hoodie--A...
http://www.akatombo.com/en/merchandise/
http://www.pilotmall.com/product/Mutt-Muffs-Hearing-Protection-for-...

7th pic down at this site could be a DIY set up for ya'.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/caught/baddog/caught18.htm

Mutt Muffs seems to be the most common hearing protectors, other than a helmet with flaps. Lots of options out there, it appears. These were just a few. Good luck with finding what you want. A nitted muffler that pulls up could work in cooler weather.

Edited by Pat Huey 7/25/2011 9:50 PM
onahog
Posted 8/15/2011 7:18 PM (#59721 - in reply to #24351)

My dog Lobo loves the car...
i use a choke chain on her with a leash bolted to the floor....She can just catch the edge of the car..
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 5:10 AM (#59738 - in reply to #24351)

Hey Onahog! I am from Winnipeg originally... where are you in Manitoba?
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 5:18 AM (#59739 - in reply to #24351)

Georgia has come full circle! We went on our 1st DOG bikecamping trip recently..WOOHOO!! She did great!
SwampFox
Posted 8/16/2011 7:39 AM (#59744 - in reply to #59739)

kayakinbiker - 8/16/2011 5:18 AM

Georgia has come full circle! We went on our 1st DOG bikecamping trip recently..WOOHOO!! She did great!

I saw some very good photographs following the link in your other post, but I didn't see a dog???
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 8:00 AM (#59747 - in reply to #59744)

Goofy story as to why... I thought about it after I posted my pix and wondered the same thing! HAHA!! I took a FULL memory card with me on this lil trip and every time I wanted to take a pic, I had to pick and choose what to delete so I could make room to take any pix! Doh!! I will try to take a pic on sunday when I do the humane society ride.. this is what happens when ya don't post your pix to your page,ya have hundreds of pix ya need to post, don't wanna lose alot of them and don't bother buying a new extra card...takes me a long time to post stuff as i always add comments and adjust crops and colours.........
onahog
Posted 8/16/2011 10:17 AM (#59756 - in reply to #24351)

Im in Portage la prairie manitoba....Id post a pic but not sure how..LOL..
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 10:27 AM (#59757 - in reply to #59756)

I have pix on my pages.. this site posting stuff baffles me.. I tried to add an avatar but it says my thingies are too big! HAHA!!!
onahog
Posted 8/16/2011 10:38 AM (#59761 - in reply to #24351)

managed a pic in my album
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 10:43 AM (#59763 - in reply to #59761)

you're just as brain dead as alot of us here! HAHA!! You should have just posted it in the thread! HAHA!! Don't mind me.. just jiving ya..
onahog
Posted 8/16/2011 10:48 AM (#59764 - in reply to #24351)

I woulda if i could find out how...
onahog
Posted 8/16/2011 10:59 AM (#59768 - in reply to #24351)

photo??

(lobo in hack.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments lobo in hack.JPG (81KB - 1 downloads)
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 10:59 AM (#59769 - in reply to #59764)

instructions just are not clear enough for us braindead puter peeps..i have a pic on motocampers.com and my FB but can't seem to change it on my aero forum or add 1 here..if i did it alot maybe i would get used to it but i don't feel the need to.. it's enough that i have to post pix on my pages......
kayakinbiker
Posted 8/16/2011 11:08 AM (#59772 - in reply to #59768)

There ya go! Cute dogs! Do both of them go with you? Georgia has her own helmet and doggles too! But she needs training to keep them on.. she rides in a Tbag carrier right now..
sparrowhawkdesign
Posted 12/6/2011 4:38 PM (#61882 - in reply to #24351)
Subject: RE: Dog Riding Partners

My first dog that rode with me in the sidecar was a German Shepherd. I could pull into rest stops and throw a tarp and sleeping bag down and have a snooze without ever being bothered. LOL She would stay in the sidecar untied until I told her to get out. It took a friend that new her some time to convince her to get out and as soon as she saw me she ran back and jumped into the sidecar again. Since then I have had two miniature Dachshunds that had to stand on top of the blankets no matter how cold it got and my present Border Collie cross that was two days away from the SPCA as her owner was being deployed and couldn't find her a home. All of them have learned to keep their heads behind the windshield. It did take putting Doggles on the Border Collie until she learned that if she stayed behind the windshield she could ride without them.
All of them were secured to a ring in the floor until they learned to stay in the sidecar until told to get out. Now we only use the lead to tie her in when I am out of sight of the sidecar such as at a gas station and it has to be chain because she can chew through anything else faster than I can reach to door of the building. I choose not to tie them when driving. I don't want to be tied to the bike in an accident if one happens and I don't want her to be either. I do remove the seat from the sidecar and place a mat on the floor to give her a place to stretch out and also to sit her deeper in the sidecar which makes her more secure. She will choose the sidecar over the truck every time despite the fact I have removed the passenger seat and replaced it with a bed for her. B

(IMGP0053.JPG)

(IMGP0126.JPG)

(IMGP0029.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMGP0053.JPG (985KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0126.JPG (943KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0029.JPG (867KB - 1 downloads)
Reardan Tom
Posted 12/7/2011 2:56 PM (#61895 - in reply to #24351)

Archie was a member of Biker Dogs (http://www.dogsonbikes.com/) but I haven't signed Henry up yet. Once he gets things down pat, I'll sign him up too. If you haven't already, check it out.
kayakinbiker
Posted 12/8/2011 6:22 AM (#61901 - in reply to #61882)
Subject: RE: Dog Riding Partners

Nice pix! Thanx! Still no sidecar and still thinking about it...i think I like the Motorvation Spyder for my Aero...not driving a car anymore so maybe this will egg me on to do more OT at work, pay some bills down and get going on the sidecar thing...
kayakinbiker
Posted 12/8/2011 7:16 AM (#61906 - in reply to #61901)

Here is a pic of lil G, Georgia with 1 of her pair of doggles...

(P1011344.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1011344.JPG (999KB - 2 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software