Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you come to a fork in the road, take it

homemade sidecar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Posted 1/7/2004 8:48 PM (#1939)
Subject: homemade sidecar

well got frame figured out ready to be welded. i am way behind my projected finish. what else is new. i never made,owned, or ridden sidecar. anyone gor measurements for tubs or maybe small coffin tub. i paid for space at syracause ny super swap and show it is feb 7-8 so im gonna have to hustle my little butt of any help, advice, or suggestions are much appreciated
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SKULL
Posted 1/30/2004 11:18 PM (#2156 - in reply to #1939)
Subject: RE: homemade sidecar

Hi choprbob, my Coffin measure's; 6'7" Long, 17" Wide at Head, 24" Wide at Shoulder's, 15" Wide at Toe's & 18" Tall! You can see it in Albums on this web site! Hope this help's you out..."SKULL"

Posted 4/5/2004 7:54 PM (#2996 - in reply to #1939)

I am relatively new in my interest with sidecars. But I'm a welder and machinist and think I have the ability to build a sidecar. You folks that are building them, have you designed your own rig or did you find a plan somewheres??

Any help in this regards muchly appreciated. Can reach me at badspiritsoup@yahoo.com

Posted 3/21/2005 3:46 AM (#6912 - in reply to #2996)

I'm also trying to do a custom or homemade sidecar the reasom is I'm in a wheelchair and I want to be able to drive my powerchair into the sidecar and drive the motorcycle from the sidecar. I have seen several rigs where it has been set up for people to do this but the places that I have contacted have a long waiting list and are very expensive. I have a welder and a fabricator that can do the work I just need some plans for them to start from. There not enginers or desiners. but it you could help I would appreciate it. please let me know how your project turned out.
Hack'n
Posted 3/21/2005 10:55 AM (#6922 - in reply to #2996)

Expert

Why don't you check with Jerry Kotanko, Pres. of the Bigfoot Sidecar Club in Surrey, BC. The boys up there have quite a few home thrashed rigs and might be willing to share info, EH? His # is 604-534-6473 (after 5:00PM). Or try Barry Bates (also a Bigfoot) his e-mail is sparrowhawk@yahoo.com

Lonnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software