Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> Legislative Watch -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !"
- (Added by: dave)

Washington Motorcycle Safety Education Advisory Board meeting
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> Legislative WatchMessage format

Hack'n
Posted 12/7/2007 8:00 PM (#31570 - in reply to #31566)
Subject: RE: Washington Motorcycle Safety Education Advisory Board meeting

Well,
We've gone from trashing me, to the Washington Legislature, to the East coast and to Viet Nam, to Hoisting the Stars and Stripes with Pomp and Circumstance playing in the background (Is that Bagpipes I hear ?)

Time to close this thread and start anew with sidecar related issues only and forget the finger pointing and flag waving. NLOL

When approached by Mary Margaret Haugen, then Chair of the WA State Transportation Committee:
My original concept regarding sidecar training was for parity, not disparity.

Lonnie (One of the bad guys)
Northwest Sidecars
Top of the page Bottom of the page
claude #3563
Posted 12/7/2007 8:41 PM (#31573 - in reply to #31567)

Mickeyd,
You are right on my friend.
Typical diversionary tactic to avoid the issues at hand. Sorry for exposing the obvious but WASHCI you need to get a little more experince with your tactics.
We are not as stupid as you may think.
Also, if you really need to try and grasp what all this discussion was about in this thread and the others related to it and not have to ask me again to explain the concerns. two things seem obvious ..either you have a hard time comprehinding the issues (scary) or you do not wish to deal with them (also scary)
How was the meeting today anyhow? Did they approve the minutes from three months ago?
God Bless America.

Edited by claude #3563 12/7/2007 8:47 PM
claude #3563
Posted 12/7/2007 8:45 PM (#31574 - in reply to #31570)

Lonnie wrote:
>>My original concept regarding sidecar training was for parity, not disparity.<<<

Don't carry the whole load Lonnie. Good intentions do not always come out as we want them to.

WashCI
Posted 12/10/2007 10:06 AM (#31654 - in reply to #28997)

Think what you will....

The diversions are from those that what to look at things with rose colored glasses and no thought for the realities of a situation. BTW, that's not me.

This is the only forum where, when presented with the real world, the members choose to attack instead of listen and learn. Good luck to you all. If WA riders have any reason to communicate with me, I'm easy to find. I'm done with such a negative group.
claude #3563
Posted 12/10/2007 4:34 PM (#31667 - in reply to #31654)

Originally written by WashCI on 12/10/2007 10:06 AM

Think what you will....

The diversions are from those that what to look at things with rose colored glasses and no thought for the realities of a situation. BTW, that's not me.

This is the only forum where, when presented with the real world, the members choose to attack instead of listen and learn. Good luck to you all. If WA riders have any reason to communicate with me, I'm easy to find. I'm done with such a negative group.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I mentioned earlier that a little condescening would come up and now yopu have proved me right. If you are still here and can read the previous posts related to this topic and your responses you will find that many questions were presented in a civil manner but not reponded to. You will also see that the september meeting was never reported on until I asked the question about it in December. Then we found that in the meeting that the issues presented here were basically not a big topic from what you wrote. Then you diverted the real issues to talking about how you served in the Navy for 20 years etc etc.
Well now it has come down to you bailing out on the ones who have been concerned and accusing us of attacking you.
Too bad ...I think we all have something to learn from one another. We have listened to what you have said and it had little to no meat to it. You have, I suppose, read what we wrote but didn't take it as much at all. When you tell us to listen and learn it is too bad that you have refused to do likewise.That by the way was the condescending remark I referred to above. You say to listen and learn but you refuse to do likewise in a discussion.
So take your toys and go home if you wish. We are a part of 'we the people' that you so proudly wanted to express that you did your military service for. Now since we have some issues to present you have been pretty obvious in dacing around them in a much less than skillful manner.
Nice try but i doubt anyone who has tried to rely on you for some constructive input has been very much impressed.
I doubt you will consider what I am saying here as fact but so be it. No sense getting on the defense as there is really no defense.
I doubt you will even take the time to consider what we have tried to express as concerns from day one. If it hasn't happened by now it probably won't.
Attacking isn't what we have meant to do. We were hoping that everyone would be willing to listen and learn as you put it. I would hope that in the future you could maybe be willing to step down to our level and do a little listening and learning yourself. We all have something to say that just may be worth hearing, yourself included.

Edited by claude #3563 12/10/2007 4:41 PM
Fly
Posted 12/11/2007 12:42 PM (#31684 - in reply to #28997)

admit nothing,deny everything, make counter accussations. when that doesn't take your ball and go home. never saw anything get fixed by running away from it.
fly
claude #3563
Posted 12/11/2007 5:44 PM (#31695 - in reply to #31684)

Originally written by Fly on 12/11/2007 12:42 PM

admit nothing,deny everything, make counter accussations. when that doesn't take your ball and go home. never saw anything get fixed by running away from it.
fly

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Holy Cow Fly I think you could run for office...lol.
On second thought ... UH probably not...but then again ...naw too mean...but then again...
You would look good in rose colored glasses though...

Fly
Posted 12/11/2007 9:15 PM (#31707 - in reply to #28997)

i'll be runnin' from office........fly
archon
Posted 12/12/2007 8:05 PM (#31746 - in reply to #28997)

WashCI -

It seems that the request to have more extensive information (i.e. the meeting minutes) is reasonable even if you are a don't like the rest of the post. In the case of this ongoing conversation, and as a rather neutral observer, it does appear to me that you are overreacting and now sadly have dug in your heels to shut down any further conversation. I hope you will reconsider and continue the conversation. While I can appreciate and respect your veteran status I agree that it is really irrelevent to the conversation. (I am a US Army Vietnam Vet and my son is currently an Army Ranger.

No disrespect meant
Tomcat101147
Posted 1/11/2008 1:20 PM (#32505 - in reply to #28997)

Okay, I read through the entire thread and found very little actual information in it.

What was in the minutes of the meetings, what action was taken on issues and how does that affect riders (both resident and out of state)?

I might be in Washington this summer visiting and touring. Is Washington simply somewhere I should stay away from with my Texas license plates? Are there any restrictions peculiar to Washington state that I should know about? Where do I find this information other than in the AMA database?
Hack'n
Posted 1/11/2008 2:15 PM (#32508 - in reply to #32505)

Most of the "Hu mali mali" here affects only Washington State residents.
Out of Staters need the requirements of their state in regards to licensing and such. As in all other States; the Helmet laws will prevail.

Feel free to tour Washington. You'll be glad you did. It's a beautiful State that's dry on the East side, quite damp on the West side, and damn damp in the Northwest corner. Lot's of forests, rain forest, mountains, rivers, deserts and scenic byways.

Bring lots of film (media ?) and batteries for your camera.

Lonnie
IndianDrives
Posted 6/30/2011 2:04 AM (#58735 - in reply to #28997)
Subject: Re: Washington Motorcycle Safety Education Advisory Board meeting

This is the biggest bunch of crap I've heard. Good to know that you paid your debts, too, but my painting as a kind of bureaucrat who know nothing about me or my ethics is not like most people who have overcome the clock to respond.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software