Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally Info -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "If everything's under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti
- (Added by: themickeyd)

“Y’ll Come Rally”
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally InfoMessage format

RichardMc4
Posted 8/28/2007 9:59 AM (#29010)
Subject: “Y’ll Come Rally”

Elite Veteran

Hello Sidecarest & others,

It is past time to update everyone on the “Y’ll Come Rally.” The first thing it is not just going to a Florida rally, I don’t know that it ever was. But this next year it will be the sanction S/E rally for USCA. There can only be one in each region per year and we will be it for 2008.

You know how it goes when you make one change that calls for more. There is going to be a lot more going, sidecar games, games for the kids, Friday night Hobo stew, there will be awards for the game and as always door prizes.

There are other things in the works and yes I will be needing help. I will post a list as we get closer.

There is one down side to all of this and that is there will be a charge this year. I do not feel it is all that bad and USCA members get a $5 off.

Date will be Friday Mar 21 2008 to Sunday Mar 23 2008. The place will be Silver River State Park that is just outside of Ocala, Fl.

If you need more information feel free to contact me but there is also a web side and it is below. It is a Yahoo site so you will have to sign but that is painless.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RichardMc4
Posted 2/6/2008 9:03 AM (#32971 - in reply to #29010)
Subject: RE: “Y’ll Come Rally”

Elite Veteran

Fellow Sidecarest,

As with all things in my life so far they have been a time for learning. Well when it comes to the Y’ll Come Rally it has been/is one also. The first big one came from my friend Joyce and that was to pick a place and a time. We have that one cover.

After two Nat Rallies and last years Y’ll Come Rally I may just know what number two is. I need to ask for HELP. I am still learning all the places I need help but two big one are with the games both the sidecar and kids. it would be real nice if someone stepped up for these two before the day they are to happen so we can have awards that match.

Speaking of time it is running out for pre-register, Feb 15 if you need a form go to the Rally web site listed below and there is one in the file section. Plus you can always contact me for one.

From the people that have contacted me and pre-register we are going to have a good group and the added events so it will be a great time.

So Y’ll Come!!

PS: I am posting this a number of places so some of you will get it more than ones. That is another thing I am learning. lol.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Yllcome/

Edited by RichardMc4 2/6/2008 9:04 AM
RichardMc4
Posted 2/22/2008 7:01 PM (#33341 - in reply to #29010)

Elite Veteran

Well it is up date time. I made it up to the park on Thursday and talked with a ranger. First thing camp site can have more than one tent but only two cars. So if you have a site and would let someone pitch a tent you may want to post it on the web site.

I spoke with the manager on the phone this morning (Friday) and we do have an OK to use a field for the sidecar games. They will mark off a place with cones and Stu from Jacksonville has some tape. I still need someone to take on these games and the kid’s games. We have awards for three each so not a lot of work.

Stu from Jacksonville has a new poker run that looks good. Way to go Stu.

Now for the big change we have moved the check-in place out of my cabin #10 to a pavilion this is not saying you can not stop by my cabin but we will have more room, parking, etc. we are getting just like the big boys. ?

Now for the important part I have a BIG pot for the Friday night Hobo stew so don’t forget your can of vegges.
RichardMc4
Posted 3/23/2008 7:47 PM (#34210 - in reply to #29010)

Elite Veteran

Well we can put the 2008 Y’ll Come Rally in the history book. I can not speak for all but this member had a great time although I did see a lot of smiles at the sidecar games and those that were making bowls from cans for their Hobo stew. We are down to two week ends for 2009.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software