Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It feels like the pony wants to run - you can feel it in the reins
- (Added by: RigadoonAmy)

BMW R1150RT/Sidecar?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 2/10/2004 10:53 AM (#2239)
Subject: BMW R1150RT/Sidecar?

I posted a question regarding this last fall without any positive results and thought I would try again. I plan to have Hannigan install a sidecar on my BMW R1150RT. They have installed sidecars on many other BMWs and say it will be no problem but they have never done it before. Has anyone with this group seen an R1150RT with a sidecar or know anyone that has had this done with anything other than the expensive rigs that require extensive modification of the motorcycle?

Landon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
blueflu
Posted 2/10/2004 11:14 AM (#2240 - in reply to #2239)
Subject: RE: BMW R1150RT/Sidecar?

Landon,

Can't say that I have seen a hack on an 1150 RT but I can't see it being any problem. I own two Beemers, one solo and one with a sidecar. When investigating sidecars and BMW's it was explained to me that BMW's are probably the hardest bikes to attach sidecars for the simple fact they don't have a frame under the engine to attch anything to. This is why a good quality subframe is built and attached to the bike so you can hook your sidecar to. Obviously Hannigan knows this and they are good quality sidecars also. I wouldn't let the fact that they have not done one on your model specifically bother me, Take lots of photos before and after to post and you can be the lab rat for someone else with the same question.

Larry
1989 BMW K-100 LT w/ Vetter hack
1990 BMW K-75 solo

Posted 2/10/2004 12:55 PM (#2241 - in reply to #2239)
Subject: RE: BMW R1150RT/Sidecar?

Thanks Larry, for the encouragement. I visited Hannigan and saw their entire line of cars. Very impressive, indeed. I am in Florida now for the winter, but plan on taking my bike to them when I return to KY in April. I will get plenty of pictures.

Landon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software