Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally Info -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I'm not snoring, I'm dreaming of riding a motorcycle!
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Rally 08 Update
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally InfoMessage format

Al Olme
Posted 2/20/2008 12:01 PM (#33310)
Subject: Rally 08 Update

Expert

Things are coming together nicely for the Duluth Rally. Here are some things that have come up and need clarification...

1. There has been a bit of trouble getting rooms at the Munger Inn. Apparently the folks at the Inn are being a bit too careful about giving out reservations and have told some members of our group that they are already full. Fact is, there are plenty of rooms still but they are all blocked under our reservation. If you want to stay at the Munger Inn, call and make a reservation and BE SURE THAT THEY UNDERSTAND YOU ARE PART OF THE USCA BLOCK RESERVATION. I hope that works.

2. There are still spaces available for the S/TEP Instructor Preparation Class. This class is seldom offered and usually more expensive than our fee. If you have interest in becoming a certified S/TEP instructor, contact me SOON! Al@AlOlme.com or 612.759.4666. The Instructor class starts on Friday June 6th and ends Thursday June 12, in time for you to enjoy the rally.

3. There are a very few slots left in the S/TEP Basic class. The Basic class is a two day class to be held on Wednesday June 11 and Thursday June 12. The cost for the class is $50 for USCA members. This is a bargain rate and gives you the opportunity to add certified instruction to your rally experience.

4. Some one has started the rumor that there are no hot showers and only a few RV spaces at the campgrounds. NEITHER IS TRUE. There are modern shower rooms [built a bit over three years ago] with hot water. We have already reserved all but a very few of the RV spaces at the campground and there is NO SHORTAGE. The venue for this rally is truely great. If you're a tent camper you'll love the shaded tent sites. If you're an RV person, we have both great pull through and back in spots and all RV sites have water and 30/50 amp electric. BTW, there are electric connections scattered in the tent area as well. If you have special needs [CPAP etc] let me know and we'll see to it that you are near an electrical source.

5. Earl Birds. Early arrivals are welcome at the campground but you are on your own before our agreement with the campground starts on Thursday. If you tell Scott [or his helpers] that you are with the USCA he will put you in one of our spots. If you don't tell him you're with the USCA, you might find yourself moving on Thursday.

6. I need some feed back. Is there any interest in a dinner cruise on Lake Superior? These things tend to be a bit pricey but if there is interest, I'll pursue it. IT WOULD NOT BE PART OF THE RALLY BUT RATHER AN OPTIONAL ITEM.

7. More feedback needed. Is there any interest in a "bottomless soft drink cup"? You know, one flat fee for all the soft drinks you want for the duration of the rally.

8. Speaking of cups. The rally WILL NOT be providing paper cups. The litter created by disposable cups is easily avoidable. So, in the spirit of being environmentally conscious, we urge you to bring a drinking vessel that you will keep for the duration of the rally. Please don't "bring enough paper cups for everyone" if you do, you'll be asked to take them home. The idea is to minimize our trash, not just to save money.

If you have any questions, desires or special needs, please contact me and we'll see what we can do to help. One last thing, we ordered the rally pins yesterday and they are killer!

Al Olme
Al@AlOlme.com

Edited by Al Olme 2/20/2008 7:40 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
redflasher
Posted 2/23/2008 12:43 PM (#33368 - in reply to #33310)
Subject: RE: Rally 08 Update

How about t shirts? Never can have too many t shirts
hdrghack
Posted 2/23/2008 1:43 PM (#33370 - in reply to #33368)

Expert

Judging by Al's avatar I gotta believe that he may have something in mind
Al Olme
Posted 2/23/2008 4:15 PM (#33374 - in reply to #33368)

Expert

Originally written by redflasher on 2/23/2008 12:43 PM

How about t shirts? Never can have too many t shirts

Bob,I didn't miss the subtlety of that post. I owe you at least one t-shirt.

BTW, the plan for this year is to have a vendor come on site and make tshirts to order. She will have the logo done as a high quality transfer and in several sizes. She plans to offer t-shirts in both long and short sleeve as well as a sweat shirt and possiblely some other clothing. I'm talking with her about putting the transfers on clothing supplied by members. She's not too keen on the idea but we might be able to get her to change her mind.

At any rate, there will be NO LEFT OVER T-SHIRTS this year.

If you want to see the logo...

http://www.sidecar.com/megabbs/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=352&cu...

Edited by Al Olme 2/23/2008 4:27 PM
mr_ural
Posted 6/14/2008 8:47 AM (#36524 - in reply to #33310)

Hi Al,

I can't make the rally this year because of business stuff. Is there a possibility of sending money up to you or someone else and getting a tshirt made up? Or maybe contacting the vendor to have it done?

Thanks,

Rod Wagoner
Tucson, AZ
stevewoo
Posted 6/15/2008 10:19 PM (#36559 - in reply to #33310)

Elite Veteran

It was a great rally. Wish you could have been here. Some pictures from the games on Saturday:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stevew00t/USCANational
Al Olme
Posted 6/16/2008 12:44 AM (#36562 - in reply to #36524)

Expert

Rod,

I'm pretty sure that you can order shirts and other neat stuff from Kris Anvid at Community Printing in Cloquet, MN. Kris and her staff handled the rally shirts. Her email is kris@cpcloquet.com.

Kris also donated two REALLY nice denim jackets with the rally logo embroidered on the back as door prizes. Great work and a great contribution.
Modelflyered
Posted 6/18/2008 11:11 PM (#36608 - in reply to #33310)

Regular

All I can Say is Lisa and I had a great time. We hit some nasty weather after we left on Sat but we made it home somewhat dry. Hats off to AL and Maryann--great job!!! And to all the others that helped out a BIG THANKS!!! ED.
Joyce
Posted 6/19/2008 6:47 AM (#36614 - in reply to #33310)

It's good to know you made it home safely and in time for Father's Day. I was concerned. It is also good to have a face to put with a name instead of that avitar, which doesn't look at all like you! You and Lisa are great folks and volunteered to conduct the games and Thank You too. Enjoy your new rigs.
J.R.
Posted 6/22/2008 10:44 PM (#36687 - in reply to #33310)

Extreme Veteran

Hi. Rally was great. Weather sucked. You have to understand that anything below 50 degrees is what I cinsider freezing. Al and all others did a great job. Food was excellent,games a lot of fun and some great rides. We missed the floods on the way home,but rode a lot of miles in the rain. Most of you don't know that our local club's name is Brazosport Rainmakers. We earned it the hard way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software