Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: For no one is the saying "Pride goeth before a fall," more true than for a motorcyclist
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

Newbie from Seattle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 3/1/2004 5:14 PM (#2475)
Subject: Newbie from Seattle

Hi all,
I've a life long dream of getting a flat head HD with a side car either an olive drab WLA or a civilian WL. I'm a complete newbie and have been surfing around trying to learn what I can. I don't have the bucks for what they are going for on ebay fully restored. It seems possible to buy the bike and then add a sidecar. Is that a good plan? Good books to read before parting with cash? Where to look for a WL or WLA? Where to look for a real HD side car?
Good part is I'm very handy with tools.
Thanks in advance,
~Konrad

Edited by BBQChamp 3/1/2004 5:16 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 3/1/2004 6:48 PM (#2477 - in reply to #2475)
Subject: RE: Newbie from Seattle

Konrad,Welcome to the forum. The classifieds here are a good place to look for a used sidecar. You can also try the "Unclassieds" at Sidecar Talk http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCTThe Cycle Trader site is also pretty good and occassionaly you find something on eBay. Good Luck!
stevewoo
Posted 3/1/2004 6:55 PM (#2478 - in reply to #2475)

Elite Veteran

In Seattle you have Liberty Sidecar who makes a great chair for Harleys. Don't know how close this is to what you are looking for.Liberty: http://www.libertysidecars.com/
Goldwing
Posted 3/3/2004 6:12 AM (#2495 - in reply to #2475)

Welcome from Ky
One of the unfinished projects in my garage is a 1931 Harley chair, it is all orginal and unrestored. The mounts and bars are all in place, the door works,it is a little rough. I had a '36 flat that I was going to restore but sold it some time ago. I might part with it too many bikes and not enough time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software