Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally Info -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Just tryin' to get by bein' quiet and shy in a world full of pushin' and shove
- (Added by: DAVE)

USCA 2009 Rally
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally InfoMessage format

Jack H
Posted 7/5/2009 12:43 AM (#45058 - in reply to #37624)
Subject: RE: USCA 2009 Rally

You mean you folks are home already? After the rally, I headed up the CA coast to Oregon, then east through ID to Grand Teton & Yellowstone, up Paradise Valley to Livingston, MT. About 4,500 miles so far and still a long way home to MI. Great rally! My thanks to all those responsible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gpers2
Posted 7/5/2009 10:24 AM (#45064 - in reply to #45058)

Extreme Veteran

Wow! Now that's the right way to do a rally. I think the journey should be the best part of any trip. Yours sounds great. So far, what's your favorite part? Your adventure sounds like a perfect article for submitting to The Sidecarist newsletter. Hope to hear more.
Ride safe,
gail
Jack H
Posted 7/5/2009 11:01 AM (#45065 - in reply to #37624)

The best parts (of many great ones) were the Oregon coast & the ride from Jackson Hole up through Gd. Teton, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley, MT. Spectacular. I may consider an article. Been keeping a journal.
harleymystique
Posted 1/30/2010 9:58 AM (#48923 - in reply to #37624)
Subject: Re: USCA 2009 Rally

We agree its the ride for sure. We rode up from Arizona.The ride was a lot nicer than the rally i must say.I never try to be neg about things but WOW we where extremely disappointed in the Tahoe Rally 2009.
lacey_exit
Posted 2/9/2010 3:01 PM (#49100 - in reply to #48923)

Jeez - had a really nice response written up, but am afraid my connection timed out or something, and it was lost to the innerwebz...

Bottom Line Up Front: Sorry you didn't have a good time at the rally - I sure as hell did. Couldn't let yours be the last post in the thread when I feel kudo's are in order for Bob, Penny, and all the folks that made it happen.
Hope you have fun somewhere's along the line.

harleymystique
Posted 2/9/2010 10:04 PM (#49112 - in reply to #37624)

Sorry that was not ment to be anything bad.Maybe it was just my wife and I being new to the rally.Who knows.We didnt know anyone for one thing and it was like nobody would even talk to us.But it was our first sidecar rally so maybe next time it will be a lot better.I am sure if we knew Bob and Penny and a lot of others it would be differant.Out of maybe the dozen people we tried to chat with I want to thank the couple from Colorado at the games on the Harley rig and the couple from New Mexico with the Ranger rig at the motel.They where sure nice people.The only people in 2 days that would take time to chat with us.I am sure a lot of hard work went into getting the run together to make it happen and my hats off to them.It was just hard to find out after we got there what actives or much of anything.Maybe it was our fault it seems we are the only ones not knowing what was going on {sorry}.Anyway thanks to the folks that got it all together.We had a good ride up there and back and we met a couple of really nice folks.
lacey_exit
Posted 2/9/2010 11:13 PM (#49117 - in reply to #49112)

Your first sidecar rally?! Really!! You should've hung out at the campground. I only knew a couple folks, but made a point of walking around and talking with folks about their rigs - you learn so much about the differences in handling and styles of riding that way. And the AIRhedz up on the hill... thought I'd written about them in my journal (STILL haven't finished that ride report!) but there were three or four NorCal riders busting up wood for a campfire... heh. Wound-up sharing a dinner table with them at the closing ceremony. Real charACTers!

Pretty sure I've read somewheres or another where Bob has recommended the 2010 rally print off schedules for everyone's welcome packet because he was disatisfied with the way things worked out too, so you're not alone in that respect! At the airport (for the games) it seemed a lot of folks were busy shining their bikes, or walking around taking in all the different stuff... although I guess there was some elbow rubbin' going on too.

Anyways, it's too bad we didn't cross paths. I try to keep a happy go lucky attitude, ~especially~ at rallies. I don't know Bob & Penny any better than some of the USCA folk that I'd met at the Chelan rally (and saw again at Tahoe) but I will say this... I hope I meet you and your wife someday, and then we can look forward to sharing some stories over the campfire at the NEXT rally, catchin' up!
harleymystique
Posted 2/10/2010 3:01 PM (#49138 - in reply to #37624)

Yea really, that was our first sidecar rally'.You got'a start someplace i guess.Thanks for the invite and we will take you up on the campfire stories.I do hope we meet sometime, that would be nice.I am sure next time it will be better for us ,knowing a couple of people and meeting people from on line like yourself.I am sure it was more us not know anyone than the Rally itself.Let us know of any good runs up your way.
hdrghack
Posted 2/10/2010 6:12 PM (#49142 - in reply to #49138)

Expert

Harleymystique, 

There was a sidecar road ride that was in your neck of the woods called the Butterfly Rally if I rememdber correctly it started in New Mexico, I always wanted to try to get to that one Seemed that it was always pretty well thought out basicly they just toured a specific route seems it made it's way through Arizona and surrounding areas like everything it requires a ton of work in planning and so on but reading what some of the people that went had to say about it always made me wish that I could attend it.

maybe advertise a camp out or sometihng for sidecarist in Arizona and the surrounding states?   

harleymystique
Posted 2/10/2010 7:07 PM (#49148 - in reply to #37624)

Thanks Chuck: That was nice of you. I will check it out. Thanks again. Randy and Karen
gpers2
Posted 2/10/2010 9:55 PM (#49166 - in reply to #49138)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Randy & Karen:
Just a note to let you know that the AZ USCA rep is Douglas Hasert. He lives in Mesa see: http://www.sidecar.com/Maps/arizona.htm for more. He may know of some local rides. ... The sidecar group is normally a friendly bunch, so I am sorry that you had a not so friendly experience at your last rally.. Now, if you had met Tony, I am sure you would have had a great time. ... Watch for him at your next rally! :-0

Personally, I have a better time at at smaller rallies, especially if you can kick back at the end of the day, and share stories. This is more easily accomplished if the attendees all bunk in the same area. -

I don't know where you are located in AZ, but there is a Brass Monkey rally located in Mexico coming up really soon. I know some of the attendees and they are nice. . Here is a link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USCAWest/message/3569

I will not be attending the Brass Monkey, but I hope to meet up with you at one of the others.

Ride Safe, and if your weather is like ours - Stay Warm!
Gail

gpers2
Posted 2/10/2010 10:05 PM (#49168 - in reply to #49142)

Extreme Veteran

Chuck:
Wish they still did the Butterfly. It really did take a lot of planning.. You would have had a great time. Good people, fabulous riding areas. We always have to ride through the dang desert to get there, but it was worth it.

Good wishes for a great rally.
gail

p.s. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USCAWest/ is available for additional info postings.
harleymystique
Posted 2/10/2010 10:21 PM (#49170 - in reply to #37624)

Thanks Gail: We thought about the Brass Monkey Rally that is going on i think this weekend but couldnt get off.BOO Anyway thanks for the encourgement we will be around.We are new to the side car rallies but not so new to riding.We have been to a lot of the rides over the years Redwood Run Northen Calif to Laconia Bike Week New Hampshire to Sturgis South Dakota and Daytona ,on and on.We loved the Iron Horse Rodeo in Southern Orgeon but it looks like they are not doing it anymore.It was a great ride and rally.Same with the ButterFly Rally i think.But we arnt thru ridding yet.So off we go looking for those great roads and great people to met.I am sure Tahoe was more my wife' fault just not putting enough into meeting people.I hope she does not read that she will kill me.OK OK my fault also.If you ever see a black and whie Harley Softail with a Ranger sidecar attached to it PLEASE come over and say hi to us. Thanks Randy and Karen
hdrghack
Posted 2/11/2010 5:21 AM (#49178 - in reply to #49170)

Expert

harleymystique - 2/10/2010 11:21 PM Thanks Gail: We thought about the Brass Monkey Rally that is going on i think this weekend but couldnt get off.BOO Anyway thanks for the encourgement we will be around.We are new to the side car rallies but not so new to riding.We have been to a lot of the rides over the years Redwood Run Northen Calif to Laconia Bike Week New Hampshire to Sturgis South Dakota and Daytona ,on and on.We loved the Iron Horse Rodeo in Southern Orgeon but it looks like they are not doing it anymore.It was a great ride and rally.Same with the ButterFly Rally i think.But we arnt thru ridding yet.So off we go looking for those great roads and great people to met.I am sure Tahoe was more my wife' fault just not putting enough into meeting people.I hope she does not read that she will kill me.OK OK my fault also.If you ever see a black and whie Harley Softail with a Ranger sidecar attached to it PLEASE come over and say hi to us. Thanks Randy and Karen

So, Randy and Karen

Been to Laconia?  well if you are up to a bit of a road trip to Vermont in out side of Burlington is a town called Essex Junction there at the Champlain Valley Exposition the United Sidecar Association will be holding it's 32nd National rally in July the 8th - 11th.

Pre registration per person for members is $30. for non members $35. after June add another $5. each , kids 12 to 15 cost $15. each 11 and under are free

So if you have the time and would like to join us we would be glad to meet you two ,there are some pretty scenic roads to travel just to get to Vermont....let alone the ones in and around Vermont my favorite is the VT rt 100 North south.

As for some of the people coming there is a person pre registered coming from Colorado and another who also is one of our supporters and advertisers Jim Bryant,coming all the way from China, oh we may see Pam and Trever Quick from England to!

I'll be watching for HD Arizona bike tags   

Edited by hdrghack 2/11/2010 5:30 AM
lacey_exit
Posted 2/11/2010 1:33 PM (#49191 - in reply to #49138)

harleymystique - 2/10/2010 3:01 PM

...Let us know of any good runs up your way.
Now that you mention it, the Chelan Sidecar Rally 2 will be coming up in just a couple months if you're planning roadtrips. LOL

Nice venue - heard there's a poker run in the works too.
My plans for this year:
SNOWCAMP *already done - but had to leave the rig behind 'cuz of mechanical issues
Highland Fling *AMA sanctioned poker run
Chelan Sidecar Rally 2 (aka CSR2)
UN-RALLY *Haven't heard anything about this one lately - used to be okay... sponsored by the Bigfoot Sidecar Pilots (I think)
ABATE Spring Opener (for WA State)
BMWOA National Rally
Maybe one of Vernon's advanced class/tours (gotta check on that still... I think it's been two years since my last MSF course)
Lotsa' camping...
Then it's time for Oktoberfest! We have a couple good ones up this way.
IndianDrives
Posted 6/28/2011 2:08 AM (#58705 - in reply to #37624)

Regular

Glad to see you got some company lined up for some of the smallest. I am defiantly going to come Panquitch rally, so maybe next time. We will say hello to Tahoe itself forward to the rally.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software