Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: My Motto is "Moderation and lots of it." You can't have too much moderation.
- (Added by: Hack'n)

73' HD Side Car to 79' HD FLH
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 3/12/2004 7:25 PM (#2600)
Subject: 73' HD Side Car to 79' HD FLH

I've got a 73' HD Side car and want to put it onto a 79 FLH. The side car has a rear mount that attached to the swing-arm and the 79 FLH has a side car mounting spot on the rear down tube of the frame. Does anyone know if there is a different mounting braket or extension piece of some sort which reaches from the rear down tube of the FLH frame back to the rear swivel mount of the 73' side car?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hdrghack
Posted 3/12/2004 8:24 PM (#2603 - in reply to #2600)
Subject: RE: 73' HD Side Car to 79' HD FLH

Expert

If I remember correctly the mount was fastened from the down tube to the frame of the sidecar.eliminating the origional rear swivel mount on the s/c frame where it used to mount to the swing arm.

Posted 3/12/2004 8:39 PM (#2604 - in reply to #2600)

What then becomes of the original rear mount on the side car? There must be an additional piece of mounting hardware to connect from the rear down tube of the bike to the frame of the side car with some sort of swivel connection on it?? Any idea where I can get something like this?
hdrghack
Posted 3/12/2004 8:59 PM (#2605 - in reply to #2604)

Expert

The origional rear mount was removed on the newer s/c frames. The Factory started to use the mount that I was refering to earlier it had u-bolts that clamped to the down tube, and I believe something simular to the rear mount that fastened to the s/c frame that was suppose to help in the toe in adjustment.At that point they (HD) nolonger mounted to the swingarm but to the downtube across to the s/c frame.What you can also do is get a mounting block that fastens to the "square swingarm" to use the rear swivel mount on the car frame these are avaliable thru V Twin for a $100.

Posted 3/13/2004 7:35 AM (#2613 - in reply to #2600)

Thanks for the input Chuck. I'll check out V-Twin.

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software