Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life. -- Brooke Shields,
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

Possible Solution
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA NewsMessage format

Boltsrightup
Posted 3/14/2004 9:40 AM (#2671)
Subject: Possible Solution

Veteran

Something to think about: To the best of my knowledge, the ballots for the upcoming election have not been printed. Could we let the general membership decide, at a minimum, the two questions that Jay brought up(paid vs. unpaid, and Presidential override)? Two questions on the ballot, and we can be through with this conflict without further discussion.

Just trying to keep the peace,
Bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page
claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 10:30 AM (#2673 - in reply to #2671)
Subject: RE: Possible Solution

Expert

There are opinions being made at this point that are related to what seems to be a conflict created by inconsistancies in the constitution and bylaws(C&B). The membership needs to be informed of this if it is true.
Al Olme has stated that certain areas of the C$B have been modified to make things go more smoothly...John has posted a section of the C&B that has seemed to state that the board has not worked within them and he has. I do not feel there was any 'evil' done on John's part from what he posted from the C&B.
So...if the board has admittably worked out of the c&b in other areas for the betterment of the club. Is that a bad thing? What is the 'chapter and verse' that allowed the board to work outside of the guidleine that John Kennedy posted here? If there is a conflict within the C&B then who is wrong? The board? John? The 'wrong' is the inconsistancy in the constitution and bylaws.
Now John has posted what he worked off of ...I would like to ask the board to post what their actions were off of from the Constitution and Bylaws.Chapter and verse please... I have another request to the board but will post it under another heading.
Thank you for your consideration,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software