Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: just say no to chrome!
- (Added by: bk2valve)

RACEDIS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA NewsMessage format

claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 10:34 AM (#2674)
Subject: RACEDIS

Expert

In light of the present discussion regarding the secretay, the 'registrar', the President etc and the files at Racedis just before an election I have a request.
I would like to ask the present board to go ahead and allow the new officers who will soon come into office onto the racedis forum. The idea is that they will be picking up the ball soon and the decisions made by the present board will be something they will have to deal with.
This would allow their transition into their new postions to take place in a more productive manner. Their input even now is important to the USCA membership but is difficult for them to voice if they are not privy to the discussions that led up to the present state of affairs. The sole idea behind racedis was to enhance communication within the USCA board members. I feel that allowing the ones who will be stepping into the new offices to be there now would be for the betterment of the general membership, whothey will represent, and all concerned.
so , board, can you approve this? NOW?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 3/14/2004 10:44 AM (#2676 - in reply to #2674)
Subject: RE: RACEDIS

Let's see Claude, according to John, this will require notification of a Special Meeting. So in 8 weeks we can vote on this issue. Should all candidates who face oposition in the election also join?

dave
Posted 3/14/2004 10:49 AM (#2678 - in reply to #2674)

Extreme Veteran

Claude,
I just posted your post at racedis.
Dave
PS: is JR on line, I have never seen him post. Or is this just for Colby & Chuck? Al Roach is welcome to join in anytime he want's to, he is already a member of the board.
claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 11:02 AM (#2680 - in reply to #2676)

Expert

Joyce what you said is not true. I created RACEDIS a couple of years ago to help comunication of the board and others who the board feels should be there.. The purpose of it is to comunicate PERIOD.
I could go into more detail but will not.
The Purpose of RACEDIS is clearly stated on the homepage at RACEDIS.
I copied the following from it this morning. I can no longer get onto the site but can see the homepage. Picture of Dave's new rig was there while ago.
Anyhow..read carefully"
>>The purpose of this group is top provide a private place for the discussion of matters related to the sidecar world. It is not a
public forum but is intended for the use of the board members and officers of the USCA as well as other sidecarists that may be invited for a short term discussion.
Members can only be invited by the concensus of the FULL members. .
A FULL member is to be defined as a current member of the USCA board or a current officer of the USCA. FULL members will be the deciding factor concerning the term of membership of any and all non-FULL
members.>

There are candisdtes who are running un opposed... I feel these should be allowed on the forum now. If all candidates should be allowed I think that would be fine two..the only one opposed is you.
Thank you again for your consideration.
If the answer is no can the board please explain why?

Edited by claude #3563 3/14/2004 11:05 AM
claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 11:08 AM (#2681 - in reply to #2678)

Expert

J.R. must be online. He or Avenel have posted at Joyce's Central Division Yahoo site.
claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 12:02 PM (#2685 - in reply to #2681)

Expert

For those who maybe wondering what RACEDIS stands for...well it is simply 'SIDECAR' spelled backwards.
Isn't trivia wonderful,
hdrghack
Posted 3/14/2004 12:33 PM (#2686 - in reply to #2685)

Expert

You got me on that one Claude,I've been trying to fit words to the letters all this time. Hack Truck Chuck
Joyce
Posted 3/14/2004 1:41 PM (#2688 - in reply to #2680)

I know and hear what you are saying. But have you so soon forgotten the mass unsubscribe that occured back when! Support person were invited without the approval of the rest of the Board. I think everyone there should agree before we do it. Now is that an official vote, who knows? Heck at this point if we let them in before the election they might all up and withdraw.We will discuss it and maybe John will call for a vote or maybe not.
claude #3563
Posted 3/14/2004 1:52 PM (#2689 - in reply to #2688)

Expert

Joyce wrote:
>>I know and hear what you are saying. But have you so soon forgotten the mass unsubscribe that occured back when!<<
Yes but if you read the purpose of racdis again and how it was suposed to work the 'full members' were to agree on who was to be invited and how long they were to stay etc..read my previous post.

>> Support person were invited without the approval of the rest of the Board.<<
This was the problem in the 'mass unsubscribe' you mentioned..simple.

>> I think everyone there should agree before we do it. Now is that an official vote, who knows? <<
They would be agreeing to invite new officers into the forum for the reason mentioned earlier. Not to change policy or anything.

>>Heck at this point if we let them in before the election they might all up and withdraw.<<
Scary thought but if there is anything at racedis to make them feel that way it is best to deal with it now and not later

>>We will discuss it and maybe John will call for a vote or maybe not.<<
For what it's worth , I , a LOWLY USCA member am asking for a vote right now. Some here have asked for the racdis file to be printed..I do not see that as being practical. But...new officers who will be on that forum soon should be able to be there now...who knows maybe a couple of them will have some good input.
With all due respect,

Edited by claude #3563 3/14/2004 2:00 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software