Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I have never been lost. I've been a little confused for a day or two but never lost! Old Mountain Man
- (Added by: Sarge)

Cal Paso Sidecar Rally - Paso Robles, CA
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

Concho
Posted 3/1/2009 2:55 PM (#42393)
Subject: Cal Paso Sidecar Rally - Paso Robles, CA

Regular

Information forwarded to me and posted here for your interest.

WELCOME TO THE SECOND ANNUAL VINTAGE SIDECAR RENDEZVOUS IN PASO ROBLES, CALIFORNIA

APRIL 25, 2009

We are excited to welcome you to this year’s event. We will again be in the Downtown City Park along with Recycled Treasures Vendors and Garden Art Vendors. The City Park is the perfect place to display your Sidecar and meet fellow enthusiasts.

Enclosed you will find the Sidecar Application with all the details for signing up and joining us in a really fun week-end. Please complete the “Information Form” and send it with your entry so people will know about your rig We will be sponsoring a BBQ Buffet on Saturday night in town: There will be a charge of $15 per person (No host bar). Please make a notation on your application so we can have an idea how many people will be attending.

Below is a list of motels which are holding rooms until April 1, 2009. If you need additional lodging information, call Karyl Lammers @ (805) 459-6239 or e-mail her @ klammers@pasorobleschamber.com Please note that most of the motels are already full for that week-end and only “smoking” rooms may be available, so call early. Don’t forget we have a large number of Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Rentals available in town and close by. There are 2 RV Parks and we will find tent camping if you need it.

Adelaide Inn – (805) 238-2770
Holiday Inn Express – (877) 449-7276

Call if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a great week-end in our town. We have wonderful unique shops, downtown wine tasting rooms and every kind of food you can imagine right around the park. When you check in on Saturday morning you will be given an Event Pack which will have the poster card identifying your motorcycle(from your Vehicle Information Form), as well as information pamphlets and coupons to use while you’re in town.

Application info:
http://www.pasoroblesdowntown.org/pdf/09RecycledTreasures.pdf

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hyster
Posted 3/9/2009 8:35 PM (#42587 - in reply to #42393)
Subject: RE: Cal Paso Sidecar Rally - Paso Robles, CA

Anybody planning to attend? I might drive down to King City on Friday PM, do the rest of the trip on Saturday AM.

Edited by Hyster 3/9/2009 8:36 PM
OlBroad
Posted 3/10/2009 11:29 PM (#42623 - in reply to #42393)

Hi Hyster,
I'm not sure why there hasn't been any response to you yet, but yes, there will be lots of folks there from Southern CA. I can't give you numbers or names but probably a good quess would be Doug Bingham and some of the SoCal Sidecar Club, Sidecar Susie, myself and a couple few others. I'll bet the park will be covered with three wheels and odd looking hackers....LOL Go check the Yahoo USCAWest site "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USCAWest/", there are forms available under (files) that Concho made available to fill out for the event, let people know your coming etc. There is also a BBQ Saturday night they are requesting some head counting prior too, if possible. Hope to see you there.

Linda

Edited by OlBroad 3/10/2009 11:48 PM
Desantnik-VDV
Posted 4/5/2009 11:38 PM (#43115 - in reply to #42393)

New User

There will be about 20-25 of us heading there on Friday, 24th from Los Angeles.
OlBroad
Posted 4/6/2009 12:21 AM (#43116 - in reply to #43115)

That is very exciting, I will see everyone up there trailing behind SidecarSusie. I can't wait. Linda
Hyster
Posted 4/6/2009 12:43 AM (#43119 - in reply to #42393)

How about from NorCal?
Desantnik-VDV
Posted 4/26/2009 10:07 PM (#43563 - in reply to #43119)

New User

Hyster,

There was one at least one well known Uralist there from Bodega Bay - Dennis, AKA Ivan Rider.

2nd annual was better fun in the company of Doug Bingham, Alex, Lindas, Suzy and others.

Alex

Edited by Desantnik-VDV 4/26/2009 10:14 PM

(Dennis, Larry and Stephen relaxing under the canopy.JPG)

(Ural Lovers - Dennis, Alex, Stephen and Devin.JPG)

(Stephen and Devin are leading.JPG)

(Some of LA sidecarists.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Dennis, Larry and Stephen relaxing under the canopy.JPG (177KB - 38 downloads)
Attachments Ural Lovers - Dennis, Alex, Stephen and Devin.JPG (179KB - 39 downloads)
Attachments Stephen and Devin are leading.JPG (146KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments Some of LA sidecarists.JPG (130KB - 34 downloads)
OlBroad
Posted 4/26/2009 10:50 PM (#43567 - in reply to #42393)

It was a wonderful weekend. I met some of the most fabulous folks and some I'm sorry to say I didn't get to meet and hope to sooner than later. Absolute FUN FUN FUNThanks to everybody who coordinated this event and the dinner Saturday nite. Doug B and Karyl L did a super job. Our hacks made the weekend event IMHO and boy did they come out of the woodwork, parked or rolling by, I even saw an old hack circling and circling and circling the park in the back of an old Willy jeep....LOL , great fun.Thanks to all and can't wait for next year.Linda
susie
Posted 4/27/2009 1:40 AM (#43569 - in reply to #42393)

It was a great weekend with friends. Linda and I trailed together, along with 8 others leaving from Alex and Linda's place in Westlake. The park had two rows of sidecars, stretching from one end to the other. The sidecar wandering around in the back of the old Willy's Jeep was a Watsonian, it was old too. Kids were fascinated with the sidecars and we let them sit in a few, now it is up to them to talk their folk into buying one.

Edited by susie 4/27/2009 8:22 AM
Hyster
Posted 4/27/2009 10:15 AM (#43571 - in reply to #42393)

I'd like to say that for my first time attending a sidecar gathering, I enjoyed it a lot. I had a good ride down with JD, with an overnight camping experience in King City. The early morning departure from KC to Paso was cool - in more ways than one; and it was great day in the park. I was intrigued with all the variations and combinations of bikes and hacks.

It was the ride back that got me! We were fighting what had to be a 35 mph headwind and it was not fun. The Sporty was giving her all, and I was lucky to sustain 50 mph in 4th gear at full throttle. Sucked gas like pouring it through a sieve.

But all's well that ends well and I arrived home in one piece after parting company with JD in Chualar.

See you all next time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software