Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Riders Wanted -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There is no such thing as a fool proof system, since as soon as it is perfected, a bigger fool comes along.
- (Added by: tubmaxson)

sidecar riders nova scotia
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Riders WantedMessage format

jota
Posted 3/4/2009 9:06 AM (#42464)
Subject: sidecar riders nova scotia

anybody here in nova scotia wanting to go on some runs in the 2009 riding season yes it is coming!! jota
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hwymedic
Posted 3/7/2009 7:18 PM (#42534 - in reply to #42464)
Subject: RE: sidecar riders nova scotia

Gee Paul, I thought Nova Scotia was known for Trout and Salmon, not Bass. Ihaven't been up that way since the mid 70's. Old friend used to own a place in Clyde River. Ric
jota
Posted 3/9/2009 9:03 AM (#42567 - in reply to #42534)

you are right,however check out imfo on bay of fundy highest tides in the world lots of bass here!! jota
tortuga
Posted 1/24/2014 7:01 PM (#75917 - in reply to #42464)

Was thinking of going in late summer this year

(20120511_194544.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20120511_194544.jpg (3082KB - 0 downloads)
boudiepitbull
Posted 1/29/2014 6:59 PM (#75986 - in reply to #42464)
Subject: Re: sidecar riders nova scotia

There was a half a plan in my family to ride up to St John's from NYC in May. Up through Nova Scotia to the ferry in North Sydney and across Newfoundland. When I actually plotted it out it looked like I was going to need 3 or 4 days each way and just don't have that kind of time and didn't want to spend the whole time on the interstate. I guess I didn't have a clear concept of just how big and remote parts of Canada can be.
hdrghack
Posted 1/29/2014 8:40 PM (#75988 - in reply to #75986)

Expert

boudiepitbull - 1/29/2014 7:59 PM There was a half a plan in my family to ride up to St John's from NYC in May. Up through Nova Scotia to the ferry in North Sydney and across Newfoundland. When I actually plotted it out it looked like I was going to need 3 or 4 days each way and just don't have that kind of time and didn't want to spend the whole time on the interstate. I guess I didn't have a clear concept of just how big and remote parts of Canada can be.

Went to NS in August of 2001 from Buffalo NY, 3 days each way there and back, took interstate 90E to87N got off around Glenns Falls.

From there on it was secondary state roads took RT. 2  across to Maine picked up RT 9in Bangor to St. Stephens New Brunswick then to Nova Scotia

The 3 nights were, 1st in Rutland VT 2nd in Skowhegan Maine, 3rd in Monkton New Brunswick 4th Day put us in Annapolis Royal where we started our mapped out tour from.

Now keep in mind on the state roads we stopped at yard sales there and back to NS and any stores that caught our eye as we rode through town.  Best 2 and a half weeks ever...........

Edited by hdrghack 1/29/2014 8:42 PM
boudiepitbull
Posted 1/29/2014 10:30 PM (#75989 - in reply to #75988)

Coming from Buffalo, your trip would be about 300 or so miles longer each way than mine would be. The 3 day estimate is about what I thought would be comfortable to get to the ferry on the far edge of Nova Scotia. I assumed I wasn't going to make the same time on the rig that I normally would on a bike. I was also surprised to see it was an additional 8 or 9 hours ride from the where the Nova Scotia ferry comes in just to get across Newfoundland to St John's. That's where my estimated 4th travel day came from. I had to time this around a college graduation and relatives flying in from the UK with a side trip to Pennsylvania. No one needs me showing up with helmet hair and bugs in my teeth after living outside for 4 days (or so it was pointed out).

Glad you had an amazing time on your trip. I also had a very good bike trip there many years ago and ended up on Prince Edward Island for the only weekend that summer when it didn't rain. At least that was what the locals told us....

Edited by boudiepitbull 1/29/2014 10:53 PM
J.R.
Posted 2/2/2014 10:35 AM (#76018 - in reply to #75989)

Extreme Veteran

Hi. Avanell & I will leave from the nationals,travel to St. John N.B. Stay there a week or so then probably up to Cape Britton to visit the Symingtons,Yellow sidecar B&B. Maybe down to Annapolis Royal for 74 Crusaders rally. J.R. R1200c/Hannigan 650 Burgman/Inder bullet. Texas rep.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software