Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Yes its fast ....No you cant ride it !!
- (Added by: sidecarjoe)

Pricing a car?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 3/31/2004 2:27 PM (#2921)
Subject: Pricing a car?

Being new to this part of the motorcycling sport I have now idea of what to expect to spend to buy a car and get it set up for my bike. I have found a used E Z Rider that needs paint and upolstery work, basically a complete refurbishing. What is a fair price to expect to pay for such a setup? It has a set of mounts but not that are designed for my bike, is this going to be a big issue? I plan to do most of the work myself, but may find that I need help when it comes to getting the two set up together to work properly. Can someone give me a 'ballpark' figure to know what to anticipate in total cost? I would prefer to not have any big $$$ surprises!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JayDauntless
Posted 3/31/2004 6:10 PM (#2927 - in reply to #2921)
Subject: RE: Pricing a car?

Extreme Veteran

I am going to assume that the sidecar you are looking at just like a Spirit Eagle of early California companion in styling as this sidecar has been sold under at least 5 different names.
Fair price? That depends on the condition and just which version it is. It is an old sidecar (30 years?) and they made the frames a bunch of different ways. Which frame will make a big difference on price. Pay what it is worth to you.
Mounting can be another issue. It depends on what you have with the sidecar. If any of it is usable and just what kind of bike it is going on. Some people will simply clamp a sidecar to a bike using 4 frame clamps. While this can work I feel it is not the prefered way to do things. On some bikes this will not work at all as the frame may not be strong enough or give you a clear place to attach. You may need a sub frame mounting kit.
If you were to email me clear photo's of the sidecar. The mounts that come with the sidecar and let me know what kind of bike you are planing to mount it on I can give you a very close and possibly exact price quote as to what it will cost if you were to use one of our mounting kits. Or I may tell you that you need to do a bunch of fabricating in which case I could let you know what parts we have that may speed up the fabrication.
I will be glad to try and help but do need a bit more to work with.
Jay Giese
Dauntless Motors Corporation
www.dauntlessmotors.com
jay@dauntlessmotors.com
253-638-1793

Posted 4/6/2004 11:14 AM (#3001 - in reply to #2921)
Subject: RE: Pricing a car?

The seat is an easy fix buy already made low back dune buggy seat cover. Took the seat to a local vw buggy shop matched it up and orderd the cover $30 bucks. don't use the stock frame clamps I made some up and used 1 stock velorex clamp. I am assuming your looking at an American Easy Rider from Lancaster Texas. They are very light for a good match bike should be a light to light middle weight bike. They are easy to work on 17" 2.75 tires can be had at reasonable prices but hard to find. Running a 17" x 3.00 kings tire on mine. Dont' be afraid of the work if you do your own bike maint. there is no reason you can't do it, use this group. They are a great bunch of people. I've gotten much info from them and leared alot in a very short time. I paid $700 for mine but was in very good shape, the only reason I'm painting is to match bike. contact me for low buck fixs if I can help ya out I will.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software