Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Sidecar FAQ -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sidecar on Harley
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Sidecar FAQMessage format

HOG
Posted 1/10/2010 6:00 PM (#48553 - in reply to #48276)
Subject: Re: Sidecar on Harley

Thanks again, I found this site two years ago when I went to a bike part show in North Carolina and a guy selling site cars left brochures in his empty booth. I went online and joined. The info and help is priceless. Thanks again. You guys rock!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ed carlson
Posted 1/12/2010 6:58 PM (#48590 - in reply to #48276)

if you are wanting to sell the lower fairing and saddle bag hinge let me know
timo482
Posted 1/12/2010 7:10 PM (#48591 - in reply to #48590)

when i found myself without the hinge due to my own brain dead state in 06...... traded in the bike and kept the sidecar and even though I installed the kit originally - forgot a few small items....... & when i realized it the old bike had been wholesaled out already and i was stuck... bummer

got the latch and the lower fairing from hd - could not find one anywhere

the next week both parts appeared on ebay and sold for half what i paid

check ebay once a week and eventually the lower will show up... the latch... possibly.

HOG
Posted 1/13/2010 7:30 AM (#48598 - in reply to #48276)

Ebay is a great place to find parts. Anyone near North Carolina at the Metrolina Expo Center in Charlotte can pick up almost anything at the bike swap meet. It is March 27 & 28th. I'm looking for 100 yr anniv. medalions for my new hannigan . Last year I needed the rear spocket that had stripped off and found a new one for 10 dollars! I also paid 10 for a harley tow hitch. This is the largest meet I ever been to!
gnm109
Posted 1/13/2010 6:58 PM (#48608 - in reply to #48598)

HOG - 1/13/2010 5:30 AM

Ebay is a great place to find parts. Anyone near North Carolina at the Metrolina Expo Center in Charlotte can pick up almost anything at the bike swap meet. It is March 27 & 28th. I'm looking for 100 yr anniv. medalions for my new hannigan . Last year I needed the rear spocket that had stripped off and found a new one for 10 dollars! I also paid 10 for a harley tow hitch. This is the largest meet I ever been to!

Yes, eBay is a good source. Everyone who owns a sidecar rig, Harley-Davidson or otherwise should make it a habit to look at eBay frequently. I go through there nearly every day to see what is for sale in rigs and parts. I use keywords "sidecar" or Harley sidecar" and will usually get 2 to 3 hundred listings. Many of them are documents like photos, and such but if you refine your search for "motor vehicles" or "transportation" only, those items will drop out.

Recently therre have been many sidecar mounts and other related items. I've sold many parts there myself in the past few years. It's a great market place. No, I don't have any eBay stock. LOL.

I used to go to lots of motorcycle swap meets in Northern California all of the time but the past few years they are not as common. There are some in state owned buildings and fairgrounds but the costs can be discouraging. For example, many shows have a $10 per head admission with $10 for parking. That's $30 for two people, just to get in. And if you get hungry, forget about it until later. I don't drink in public anymore but they are getting $5.00 for a 12 ounce cup of beer and $4.00 for a soda. Then there are the hot dogs. $4.00! No Thanks.

So eBay is looking pretty good these days. LOL.

HOG
Posted 1/13/2010 8:01 PM (#48610 - in reply to #48276)

On ebay today,I got green LED's for my new setup as I had red led's and Myrtle Beach is getting so anti-bike, I'm pulling the red. My friend got pulled for blue led's,I didn't have mine on but he claimed I ran the stop sign. We all got warnings only!!
gnm109
Posted 1/13/2010 8:23 PM (#48612 - in reply to #48610)

HOG - 1/13/2010 6:01 PM

On ebay today,I got green LED's for my new setup as I had red led's and Myrtle Beach is getting so anti-bike, I'm pulling the red. My friend got pulled for blue led's,I didn't have mine on but he claimed I ran the stop sign. We all got warnings only!!

Yes, the blue lights belong to law enforcement practically worldwide. If you just got a warning, you were lucky. They seldom give warnings in California. They get their ticket book out the moment they stop you.

HOG
Posted 1/13/2010 10:15 PM (#48616 - in reply to #48276)

The 96 goldwing with hannigan astro I have 4 sale has purple leds had a scecret button I didn't know about and it had 6 blue strobe lights. I took them off real fast!!! I'll put them on one of my grandsons Toys later. I own a c store with a Subway in it. We give ALL cops half off subs, always free pop and coffee and across town I own a carwash and we give them free carwashes or token for free carwash and vacuums. We also put on poker run to benefit the local fire dept. It is a volunteer FD and when one is in need we give $$ to help the firemen out. Town insurance for them is lousey so when they get hurt they fall behind on payments so we step in.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software