Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
- (Added by: Wngnut)

Chelan Sidecar Rally - Drive-in Movie
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

dlynn
Posted 3/5/2010 10:53 AM (#49759)
Subject: Chelan Sidecar Rally - Drive-in Movie

During the Chelan Sidecar Rally I am hosting an old fashion Drive-in Movie.., with a home made spaghetti dinner and live music before the show.
-
I am looking for a couple 'shorts' to show during this event. I was told that there is a Keystone Cops short - filmed in 1915 - that has a sidecar rig in it.., but I can not find any reference to it, anywhere.., if it's true, that has to be one of the first times a sidecar rig was used/filmed in a flick. Does any one know about this ?
-
Any suggestions on a couple more short features with sidecar rigs., available on dvd.., to show during this event...??
-
..,and/or is there someone who would like to do a presentation/sideshow on sidecars.., riding/safety.., adventures?

Thanks !
d'Lynn / Chelan Washington
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mrmustash-1
Posted 3/5/2010 10:51 PM (#49767 - in reply to #49759)
Subject: RE: Chelan Sidecar Rally - Drive-in Movie

There is a very old Keystone Cops movie that features a sidecar. Probably been 40 plus years since I last viewed it. There was a scene where the sidecar had a passenger and I think they were in a chase after an automoblie. Well, the sidecar parted company from the bike going down a hill. I do not recall much more detail but the movie did exist and just may be available on CD.

Todays stunt people have nothing on the oldtimers such as the Keystone Cops. They really played rough.

Waiting for warmer weather,

mrmustash
dlynn
Posted 3/6/2010 10:09 AM (#49772 - in reply to #49759)
Subject: Re: Chelan Sidecar Rally - Drive-in Movie

That's the same discription - only they were being cased by a guy on a horse. .., and I found it ! It is 1915 Keystone Cops - about 9minutes.., and considered one of their best. Love, Speed and Thrills.., got it through Amazon.
-
Come to the rally and watch it on the 'big screen'.

Thanks ! / d'Lynn CSR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software