Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Roads you gotta try. -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there. - Will Rogers
- (Added by: Administrator)

The best road in Mn....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Roads you gotta try.Message format

johnny
Posted 5/5/2004 3:39 AM (#3313)
Subject: The best road in Mn....

...Is actually wisconsin 35..it runs along the mississippi rivers easten bank...bald eagles...bluffs...small towns...real nice
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SidecarMike
Posted 2/15/2008 10:20 AM (#33222 - in reply to #3313)
Subject: RE: The best road in Mn....

Expert

Originally written by johnny on 5/5/2004 1:39 AM

...Is actually wisconsin 35..it runs along the mississippi rivers easten bank...bald eagles...bluffs...small towns...real nice
I agree, wholeheartedly.

Just avoid it on Wannabee Weekends, AKA Flood Runs. The third Saturday in April and the Third Saturday in September. Every new motorcycle rider in Wisconsin or Minnesota will be on that stretch, except when they stop at each and every bar along the route. These days it's pretty evenly split between novice baby boomers on new bikes twice as big as they can handle and 18 year olds on 200hp sport bikes
I can't remember the last time it was run without at least one fatality. If I remember right, there were three separate fatal crashes last fall.

There is also the Hundred Mile garage sale the first weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in May that puts a lot of inattentive minivans out on the road from Red Wing to Wabasha, then across the river from Nelson up to Hager City. Aside from those four days, it's one of the best rides in the 4 state area. Mike

http://www.floodrun.org/

Al Olme
Posted 2/15/2008 12:27 PM (#33225 - in reply to #33222)

Expert

Highway 16 from LaCrosse to Lanesboro is really nice. Not a technical road but an easy and smooth piece of asphault that is twisty enough to be pleasant but not demanding. Just a pretty road.
Modelflyered
Posted 2/20/2008 10:14 PM (#33326 - in reply to #3313)

Regular

I have to agree WI 35 is a great road. But of course Im a little bias being i live right on it. Looking forward to taking it to Superior then back down to the rally(i'm keeping my fingers crossed....hope I can get that Fri + Sat off..the only problem with working in the concrete Jungle)Can't Wait!!!! Ed.
SidecarMike
Posted 2/20/2008 10:26 PM (#33327 - in reply to #33326)

Expert

Originally written by Modelflyered on 2/20/2008 8:14 PM

I have to agree WI 35 is a great road. But of course Im a little bias being i live right on it. Looking forward to taking it to Superior then back down to the rally(i'm keeping my fingers crossed....hope I can get that Fri + Sat off..the only problem with working in the concrete Jungle)Can't Wait!!!! Ed.

Come over to Cameron the weekend before that for the 5th First Annual SKUNKs in the Woods Rally.
Modelflyered
Posted 2/25/2008 9:19 AM (#33433 - in reply to #3313)

Regular

Im going to try Mike ...I work for Cemstone and summers are quite busy but I'm gonna try to get those days off to. We'll see what kinda mood the bosses are in. Ed.
Double Barrel
Posted 2/25/2008 11:55 PM (#33444 - in reply to #3313)

This Cheesehead says that the best roads are down around Sauk City. either side of the WI river is awesome! North and west of there (but not quite to Baraboo) and all the way over by Richland Center are some good roads to try and get lost on.

Witwen, Denzer, Blackhawk... all them little towns. Traffic jam is 2 tractors on the same road!

But Ill check out 35. always looking for a new way home.
archon
Posted 3/25/2008 7:13 PM (#34284 - in reply to #3313)

35 is a great road. I road it solo for several years when I lived in southeastern MN. I used to cross the Mississippi on the Bridge from Winona and cruise to the various towns along the river in Wisconsin. Good memories....
stoosje
Posted 11/29/2008 4:06 PM (#40414 - in reply to #33327)

New User

WI 35 is very nice an so is the Lansboro area but what and where is the SKUNKs in the Woods Rally? DOn't know anyhting about it.
SidecarMike
Posted 11/29/2008 4:53 PM (#40416 - in reply to #40414)

Expert

SideKars Up Nort' Klub. We have a get together every June to benefit the Pioneer Village museum at Cameron, Wisconsin. Next summer it will be June 5-7.

More information here. http://www.skunktails.com/
Membership is free and any one who lives North of something is welcome to join.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SKUNKtails/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software