Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuff -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: When all is said and done, there is more said than done
- (Added by: rkenn)

2012 national rally
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuffMessage format

J.R.
Posted 8/23/2010 2:34 PM (#53309)
Subject: 2012 national rally

We3 are planning to put in a bid for 012 rally. I would prefer early May or mid-Sept due to heat in the south. I would like to hear from some of you on this idea. You all know we normally travel in a R.V. My idea is that this is a motorcycle rally,not a R.V. r4ally. You don't have to cater to us. We will take care of ourselves. Always nice if sites are available at rally site for a reasonable fee. Vermont was nice. Really enjoyed it there. $27 a ni8ght not too bad. Like fe3edback on times. We are looking at some locations. J.R.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 8/23/2010 3:29 PM (#53311 - in reply to #53309)
Subject: Re: 2012 national rally

Rally Rotation:
2011 Midwest Region
2012 Northwest Region
2013 South Central Region
2014 South East Region
2015 North Central Region
2016 South West Region
2017 North East Region
Joyce
Posted 8/23/2010 4:03 PM (#53315 - in reply to #53311)

Here's a link to the National Rally Requirements:

http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6628&posts...
Al Olme
Posted 8/23/2010 9:10 PM (#53321 - in reply to #53315)

Joyce - 8/23/2010 4:03 PM Here's a link to the National Rally Requirements: http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6628&p...

I tried the link and got a "RETRICTED PAGE" mesage.  Maybe it's just me, can anyone else open the page?

RichardMc4
Posted 8/23/2010 9:46 PM (#53322 - in reply to #53309)

I did
Joyce
Posted 8/23/2010 9:56 PM (#53323 - in reply to #53309)

It should be visible, it's on the Board Forum but just in case, here it is again.

USCA National Rally Guidelines
Compiled September 2008

Introduction: Guidelines are like a budget; they represent the ideal, they are a desired plan. Just like your own personal budget, our plans must remain flexible because there are times when no single location will be able to meet all the guidelines.

The guidelines have been compiled in an attempt to assist volunteers in knowing what to look for and to help the volunteer understand what has made successful rallies in the past.

This list is NOT intended to be an inflexible list of "rules". We strive to incorporate as many of these guidelines as possible at each National Rally. Remember, no single location will be able to meet all the guidelines.

Background: The region hosting the National is determined each year by the board. We currently have a rotational schedule that allows members across the United States an opportunity to attend a nearby National Rally every few years.

THE VOLUNTEER RALLY HOST

The board will seek a willing and able volunteer within the region selected to host the National Rally.

If no volunteer is forthcoming within the region, the rally will be passed on (forwarded) to the next region until a suitable rally host is secured.

The rally host will seek several possible locations where the rally might be held. (The board understands that some sites may not be able to meet 100% of the recommended guidelines.) The board also understands that there are areas of the country where there may be only ONE suitable location.

The Rally Host will conduct a preliminary survey of possible locations and report these findings to the Board.

The Rally Host and the owner of the site will determine fees for site rental (guarantees) and report to the board.

The board should be made aware whether the Rally Site is privately owned or publicly owned.

APPROVAL

The board will vote and approve or disapprove the recommended site and calendar dates.

After the selected site is approved, the Rally Host will proceed to final negotiations with the owner of the selected site.

TIME OF YEAR

Time of year should be the best for the location. Consider the climate and help the board plan for the best time of year. It would be considerably different if held in the Rockies as opposed to the desert SW.

It is desirable to schedule at a time when school age children may attend, but this is not an absolute requirement. Children need to be considered. The board wants families to attend, but it is difficult to schedule because of widely varying school calendars. We have to do what works in the location we select.

DURATION

Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Attendees will depart on Sunday

CAMPING

Should have space for a couple of hundred (200) tent campers;

We have rented one section of a large campground (say, 50-60 tent spaces) and the owners have allowed us to have as many as four tents to a space.

We have also rented an entire campground on occasion.

We negotiate a price for the number of camping spaces we want and determine if the host will permit several tents at one space (desirable).

Traditionally, we figure the cost per tent space into the registration fees.

In 2006, the costs of tent spaces were NOT included in rally fees. Each camper made his own arrangements. In 2009, we will take the same approach.

We try to keep rally costs as affordable as possible and tent camping may or may not be included.

At least some of the tent spaces should also have electrical hook-ups. Some members use C-pap machines and cannot camp without electricity.

There should be at least one picnic table per camp space.

RV ACCOMODATIONS

We should provide RV parking (15-20 min)
-----
GTRider
Posted 8/23/2010 10:28 PM (#53324 - in reply to #53323)

Thanks for posting that as the link doesn't allow access--at least not to me.

Looks like 2016 before anything will be close by here in the southwest...

Best,

GTRider

Al Olme
Posted 8/23/2010 11:13 PM (#53326 - in reply to #53323)

Joyce - 8/23/2010 9:56 PM It should be visible, it's on the Board Forum but just in case, here it is again.  -----

Thanks!  I've never seen this before.

Joyce
Posted 8/24/2010 7:14 AM (#53328 - in reply to #53326)

I've adjusted the settings because The Board Forum was always intended to be visible. With the upgrade last year a new level of permissions was added and gee I can't tell because of my admin permissions. I hope someone can let me know if you can see it now.
Al , you voted on those National Rally Guidelines, how soon we forget. LOL
Al Olme
Posted 8/24/2010 11:35 AM (#53331 - in reply to #53328)

The older I get, the less I remember.  Heck, I may have voted on the Boston Tea Party.
Joyce
Posted 8/24/2010 1:17 PM (#53332 - in reply to #53309)

So does the link work now???
GTRider
Posted 8/24/2010 1:26 PM (#53333 - in reply to #53332)

Yes! thanks,

GTRider
Joyce
Posted 8/24/2010 1:42 PM (#53334 - in reply to #53309)

I'm not sure how far in North in Northern Utah you are but I expect the 2012 rally to be in Idaho. Maybe I'll see you there. Thank You for the kind words, it always adds a little sunshine to my day.
GTRider
Posted 8/24/2010 5:21 PM (#53336 - in reply to #53334)

Kewl! Idaho is just a stone's throw away and lots of great places to ride and camp there! I normally hit 3-4 MC events of varying types in Idaho every year and the USCA rally would be a great addition.
Looking forward to it,

GTRider
J.R.
Posted 8/25/2010 3:16 PM (#53353 - in reply to #53309)
Subject: RE: 2012 national rally

I seem to have jumped the gun a bit. Seems as 2012 belongs to N.W. Avanell just turned 80 yesterday and she told me not to commit to anything as far away as 2013. I am going to wait and see when Claude plans on Rondevoo 2011. National is end of July. Thyis leaves me open for a Texas rally early. I am commited to 2nd and 3rd weekends of April and 3rd and 4th weekends in Oct. Probably be in Fl. for Yall come in Mar. This gives me quite a bit of wiggle room. J.R.
SwampFox
Posted 8/25/2010 10:54 PM (#53363 - in reply to #53353)

J.R., I was thinking earlier this year a spring sidecar gathering in the Texas Hill Country would be great, but it's just too far away from anywhere outside of Texas. Leakey is 500+ miles from us just, and we're just over the state line in Northwest Louisiana.

However, J.R., the Rusk Depot Campground at the Texas State Railroad near Rusk in Northeast Texas might be a good choice for spring gathering. See more info here: www.texasstaterr.com/parks.php. There are no cabins/motel/rooms on site, but it appears there are 2 motels + 1 hotel within 4 miles.
Al Olme
Posted 8/27/2010 1:35 AM (#53380 - in reply to #53363)

If we ever wanted to have a "centrally located" rally, apparently the "center" of the US is in Lebanon, KS.  It's just about in the "east-west" center of Kansas right up by the Nebraska border.  Unfortunately, when you start to look up Lebanon, KS you find it is the subject of a project to "document the decline of small towns". So, maybe not the best choice.  'Just the wanderings of an unoccupied mind.
claude #3563
Posted 9/17/2010 8:03 AM (#53675 - in reply to #53353)

J.R. - 8/25/2010 3:16 PM

I seem to have jumped the gun a bit. Seems as 2012 belongs to N.W. Avanell just turned 80 yesterday and she told me not to commit to anything as far away as 2013. I am going to wait and see when Claude plans on Rondevoo 2011. National is end of July. Thyis leaves me open for a Texas rally early. I am commited to 2nd and 3rd weekends of April and 3rd and 4th weekends in Oct. Probably be in Fl. for Yall come in Mar. This gives me quite a bit of wiggle room. J.R.

J.R.,
Thanks for the considerate thoughts. Your type of planning is important for the whole sidecar community. There are only so many dates to go around and whenever a conflict with another popular event takes place, sidecar specific or not, it hurts everyone.
Right now it looks like the 2011 RON DEE VOO will be in August sometime. Not sure of actual dates just yet. Location will be in W.Va. if all goes as planned. The actual dates is not within my control thsi time....hope it works out for everyone. Excellent rally site though....stay tuned.
Reardan Tom
Posted 9/17/2010 10:04 AM (#53678 - in reply to #53309)

We're looking at doing the NW Regional in June, 2011. Still in the planning stages, still working on pinning down a location but somewhere in the Grand Coulee area...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software