Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Smile it's contagious.
- (Added by: George Ryals)

New HD sidecar rider.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 5/18/2004 7:48 PM (#3482)
Subject: New HD sidecar rider.

Hello. Just bought a 1999 Harley Sidecar for my electra glide standard yesterday. The ENTIRE undercarriage and mounting hardware is chrome. Bought it at my local HD shop for 4750. Add 400 for installation. I did get them to throw in my HD stereo/speakers/antenna installation for free. thoughts on my deal? ANY WORDS of advice for a new hacker???? I have ridden a friends Roadking with Hack setup a few times. Seems to pull to the right while riding...is this "always" the case? Having installed after my Laconia NH trip in mid june. thanks, Bob in Michigan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 5/19/2004 8:04 AM (#3490 - in reply to #3482)
Subject: RE: New HD sidecar rider.

Welcome Bob and I hope you enjoy your new Hack. What dealer in Mich is willing to give up over $1000 in sound equipment AND sell a custom HD hack for that kind of money? Thinking about buying a new Standard next year for myself and if I can get that kind of deals, I'll buy from them. As far as the hack pulling to the right, mine does a little bit, but nothing serious. I'm by no means an expert yet cause I've only been ridin' hacks for a couple of months, but find an empty parking lot and do figure 8's so you know how to handle right turns with the hack in the air. Again, welcome.
Hack'n
Posted 5/19/2004 12:25 PM (#3495 - in reply to #3482)

Expert

If your rig pulls to the right on a fairly level road, without excessive crown, while riding at a fixed throttle setting:
You need it aligned!
Either your toe-in is not sufficient, or the lean-out (lean-in on Harleys) is not set correctly to push the outfit to the left to overcome the drag to the right.

Edited by Hack'n 5/19/2004 12:27 PM

Posted 5/20/2004 11:03 AM (#3511 - in reply to #3482)

Posted 5/20/2004 11:11 AM (#3512 - in reply to #3482)

I'm a new rider, too. Just clocked my first couple hundred highway miles, and discovered that high, gusty winds are NOT good things. It's a whole 'nother chapter in the book of squirly.

I also learned that, the more I ride my new rig, the better I like it. Good luck, and have fun!
herwing
Posted 5/26/2004 2:29 AM (#3595 - in reply to #3512)

Veteran

I don't ride a Harly, I ride a Goldwing, but I was checking out the posts and when I read yours, I laughed out loud. As a matter of fact, it gave me the giggles. High, gusty winds are definitely not good things with a sidecar, I hate 'em. But, west of the Rockies it's pretty much always windy isn't it? In 2002 we were in Montana on a day they called breezy. 55 mile an hour winds are "not" breezy in my book. He--, I call them hurricane winds. After riding all day, I was sore just from trying to stay on my bike, to say nothing of the strain from fighting the sidecar the whole time. A day to remember! But, riding in Kansas was a real experience. Every time I met one of those cattle trucks, it was almost like hitting a wall.

Well, keep riding and keep having fun. - - - Connie

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software