Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck
- (Added by: DAVE)

2011 MotoGP - Laguna Seca
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

Hyster
Posted 12/7/2010 7:27 PM (#54909)
Subject: 2011 MotoGP - Laguna Seca

Hey Hackers, I made an inquiry to the folks at Mazda Racway Laguna Seca about the possibility of a Sidecar Corral and possibly some parade laps around the track the weekend of July 22 - 24, 2011 when the MotoGP (http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Red_Bull_US_Grand_Prix) is to be held.

Here is copy of my query:

=====================================

Hello:

I am a local member of the United Sidecar Association, a national group of sidecar enthusiasts. I was wondering how many other members I would have to recruit to get special parking (a sidecar corral) at the GP event next July.

Also, under what circumstances would you allow a couple of parade laps around the course for our fun and unique machines?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Hy Libby
Prunedale

==============================================

Today, I received this reply:

Hy,

Thank you for your message in regards to putting together a sidecar corral at next year's MotoGP race. I think that is a great idea! We could set aside an area that would be for the exclusive use of a sidecar corral. Someone from the group would act as the contact person and order tickets and corral parking passes for the group. Corral parking passes are only $10 as opposed to $50 for a normal VIP parking pass so it is a pretty good deal. There would be a minimum of ten bikes needed for a corral.

A parade lap or maybe even a couple of parade laps would also be a possibility. However, it is something we would have to work on with MotoGP. Any and all things on the MotoGP schedule have to be approved by the race series. So, it is something we could definitely look into. How much potential interest do you think is out there? How many sidecars do you think we might be able to have?

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan Hundley
Assistant Operations Manager
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

===============================================

So, my question to all of you, especially those is the greater Monterey/San Francisco Bay area is, How about it? Are enough of you interested in doing this that I should continue to pursue? Which day or days would be best?

Start posting your ideas here so others can see the level of interest you have.

This is the premier motorcycle event of the year and we could get a lot of good exposure for our sidecar passion and have a lot of fun. You should see Cannery Row on Saturday night during this event! We could make a weekend of it and take some great runs up and down the coast or out the valley roads, too.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Hyster
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hyster
Posted 12/9/2010 10:40 AM (#54936 - in reply to #54909)
Subject: Re: 2011 MotoGP - Laguna Seca

OK, I'll get more info out shortly.

My sense of it is that we could have a good time being there on Saturday, and again on Sunday for the finals; but we would have a better shot of the parade laps on Saturday.

Saturday night in downtown Monterey is always a blast, too; and even if we don't have parking set aside (which I can also look into) we could make plans to arrive at Cannery Row together and park as a group somewhere.

Yes, there is still camping at Laguna Seca - I'll look into rates.

Hyster

Edited by Hyster 12/9/2010 10:41 AM
SwampFox
Posted 12/9/2010 10:25 PM (#54969 - in reply to #54936)

Expert

That's a great idea. I'm not much into racing, but I'd sure enjoy easing my rig thru the corkscrew -- slowly, mind you. Unfortunately, I'm a little too far out down here in Louisiana. Maybe the sidecar folks on the West Coast can put this together.

Hyster, I notice the Moto GP is the weekend before the 2011 USCA Buckeye national rally in Ohio.
Motohack
Posted 1/20/2011 5:22 PM (#55667 - in reply to #54909)

Hi Hy,

I'm up for it if we can campout too.

-=JD=-
gilberth
Posted 2/12/2011 9:22 AM (#56152 - in reply to #55667)

Veteran

Any updates on the Moto GP event?
Howard
Napa, CA
Hyster
Posted 2/12/2011 12:41 PM (#56157 - in reply to #54909)

Sorry. I got distracted over the holidays and this got lost in the shuffle. I recieved this a while back:

Hello again Hy,

Good to hear that there some interest from your group!

I have attached a corral ticket order form and the corral requirements page which should both give you some helpful information. You will see on the order form the current price of tickets and some of the various packages. You will see on the top that it says those prices are valid until 12/31/10. This is because we use a 'tiered' pricing structure for the race. After that, prices increase by $5 for each ticket type. You can get more information about the price change, and see some additional ticket types on our ticketing website-http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix-USGP_2011.

This link also contains information about camping costs. Unfortunately, we do not offer group camping. However, our unreserved camping areas are filled in order of arrival. So if all your corral members arrived at the same time, you would all be camping right next to each other.

On the parade lap, it is something that we will discuss with DORNA and work on getting approval for. I would say that there is a good chance we would be able to make it happen. However, we cannot make any guarantees about a parade lap at this time. It will probably be another month or two before we would be able to confirm this. If a parade lap were possible, the cost would be $40 per bike. As we discussed before, the parking charge for corral members is $10, so this would make it a total of $50 per bike. Please tell your members that this is still a good deal though, as the general fan parade lap costs $75 each.

I realize that this is a lot of information so please let me know if you have any questions! Likewise, I would be happy to arrange a time for us to chat over the phone to go over all this.

Best,

Ryan

Ryan Hundley
Assistant Operations Manager
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Phone-831.242.8222
Fax-831.373.0533
ryan@mazdaraceway.com
www.mazdaraceway.com

Hyster
Posted 2/12/2011 12:47 PM (#56158 - in reply to #54909)
Subject: RE: 2011 MotoGP - Laguna Seca

Here's the attachments:

http:www.hyjinx.com/2011 Red Bull USGP Corral Ticket Order Form.pdf

http:www.hyjinx.com/2011 Red Bull USGP Corral Requirements.pdf

So how does everyone feel about moving ahead with this?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2011 Red Bull USGP Corral Requirements.pdf (25KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments 2011 Red Bull USGP Corral Ticket Order Form.pdf (30KB - 1 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software