Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest. Mark twain
- (Added by: silvergoldsmith)

New England Elephanten Rally, 1/27-2/2, 2011
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

bikermedic58
Posted 12/20/2010 12:13 AM (#55115)
Subject: New England Elephanten Rally, 1/27-2/2, 2011

New User

Brand new and my first post but some of you may want to try this.

I am hosting a WINTER 2011 RALLY at my home in Foxboro, Mass. This is a Winter Rally / camp out inspired by the German Elefanten that you can google if you are not familiar with this non structured congregation. Last year we had a grand total of TWO camping, and one intrepid V-11 on my three acres at 13-14 degrees. About a dozen New England Moto Guzzi members showed up for the day (Saturday ). This rally is meant to be a great time and meet new friends while defying Winter. If you have never camped out in Winter then this is your chance to learn to be 'one' with the elements.

My own Hack rig is a 1977 Moto Guzzi T-3 Ftb with a Globe chair . I am in the process of resurrecting it from its 'as found' condition in a barn in Connecticut. This is my first Hack but I have been riding two wheels since 1971.

This second annual rally can be found at 275 Mechanic Street, Foxboro, Mass. 02035. I am across the street from Exit # 8 Rt I-95 Southbound. Food and firewood provided and a snow blower will be available BYOB and donations are appreciated but NOT required. The dates are to allow for unpredictable travel conditions with the most riders.

Bring your tent, warmest clothes, two or three wheels and a willingness to push your comfort zone. There is no room for Rv's or truck campers. You can come in four wheels but parking is limited , bikes have the priority, but there is a shopping mall across Rt I 95 in Sharon for additional parking of four wheelers. My family will shuttle you back and forth as needed.

Any questions or concerns ? This site or bikermedic5807@yahoo.com Phone with voice mail 508 505-5350. Thanks and hope you can make it but let your good common sense be your guide as to your abilities and travel conditions within this time period.

Sincerely, Larry Davis
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Peter Pan
Posted 12/20/2010 8:46 AM (#55117 - in reply to #55115)
Subject: Re: New England Elephanten Rally, 1/27-2/2, 2011

Expert

Larry.
most important: date and location? ....easiest way by global angle.
For sure I will not come, we have just summer starting at 10ºN, 84ºW. and I run in my new work horse.

I never participated at the Elefant meeting, but at several other winter meetings in good old West Germany and riding in the snwstorm to Norway once for sylvester party in Bergen.
It is great fun and for sure you meet the real "wind faces".

Most important tip: All big 4 stroker riders take with you your camping cooker for to heat up the engine before you run down your batteries.
We 2 strokers have just to kick 2 times without ignition and switch it on then. 3rd or 4th kick and it will run..... reng kleng kleng.

take with you a rope or prepared chains, they do marvels.
For just in case: I allways took the long ski as dingi wth me.

Best luck and have fun.
Sven

PS: Damn it, I am yeallous....But proud on my yesterdays speed record 65miles through the earthquake area, 1h 25min makes = 28mph including stoppung for to let pass a family of 16 nose bears "pizotes". That is 1h less then with the rig and 20 min less then with my former solo bike before the 6.5ºRichter event.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software