Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ?I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
- (Added by: dave)

Ural Sidecar Brake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Dr. Raoul Duke
Posted 6/13/2004 12:18 AM (#3804)
Subject: Ural Sidecar Brake

Regular

Just curious about those out there that have a Ural sidecar married to BMW or other rigs. Want to know who is using or even has the siodecar brkae hooked up? Can't figure out whi I would use mine? Rig handles and stops fine even when wet. Is there an accessory pedal that connects from the sidecar brake to the motorcycle rear brake? Curious to hear comments from thosde out there. off to Iceland June 24th for 10 days on a 650 GS and will miss the Bean Blossom. Best wishes to all who go. My wife and I enjoyed ourself last year in La Crosse, LOVED those roads in SE Minnesota. Everybody enjoy themself and be safe.

Regards,
Dr. Raoul Duke
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JayDauntless
Posted 6/13/2004 11:52 AM (#3806 - in reply to #3804)
Subject: RE: Ural Sidecar Brake

Extreme Veteran

Most of the Ural sidecars we mount here (one or two a week) go out of here with the sidecar brake hooked up.
For BMW Bikes we usualy set up a seperate brake pedal next to the bikes brake pedal. You can see how this is done if you go to our web site http://www.dauntlessmotors.com and take a look in the off road section. You will see a R1150GS with some photo's of how this is done. You will also see a F650GS that we set up with a sidecar.
One nice thing about setting up the brake this way is that you can use it to for steering.
We figure if you only need the brake one time ever it just paid for it self as any accident damage is going to cost more then it did to hook up the brake. It is there so why not have it.
Jay Giese
Dauntless Motors Corporation
Dr. Raoul Duke
Posted 6/13/2004 9:05 PM (#3808 - in reply to #3806)
Subject: RE: Ural Sidecar Brake

Regular

Thanks Jay. At the risk of making a pun: you have never steered me wrong. LOVE my Duantless subframe too. Will check it out.

Cheers,
Jim Kelleher
Occassionally The Circus Bear
and most often Dr. Raoul Duke
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software