Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I started with nothing and have most of it left.
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

HELP WITH R/TURN CHAFFING NOISE
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Posted 6/23/2004 6:17 PM (#3888)
Subject: HELP WITH R/TURN CHAFFING NOISE

Right turn chaffing noise sounds like something rubbing & of a rotating origin. Just turning the wheel to the right at low speed (5 mph) produces the noise. Thought it was a rotor rubbing with the caliper or a brake pad not retracting but all appears normal. The harder the turn the louder the sound. Applying either of the brakes has no effect on the sound. The bike is a 2002 Honda ST1100 with a leading link fork manufactured by Unifork in England & purchased through Dauntless. I just purchased the rig used with 3K, in like new condition. This is my first sidecar rig, it has a Hannigan Astro Sport equipped with a disk brake. Inspection reveals no rubbing marks on the rotor, front tire & fender, all appears normal & the rig has no unusual feel in right turns. Other then the chaffing noise the rig handles well. Any suggestions appreciated, I am in Orlando, Fl, does anyone know of a qualified person or shop that may help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software