Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally Info -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Just tryin' to get by bein' quiet and shy in a world full of pushin' and shove
- (Added by: DAVE)

2012 National?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA Sponsored Rally InfoMessage format

Joyce
Posted 6/4/2012 9:46 PM (#65128 - in reply to #65093)
Subject: Re: 2012 National?

I'm not a golfer but this video has some great pictures of the lake and maybe somebody here would want to take a crack at this hole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 6/13/2012 9:00 PM (#65213 - in reply to #65128)

National Rally News
We just confirmed some more good news. Silverwood, the largest theme park in the northwest is giving us a heck of a deal. They wiill reduce the cost of admission for us sidecarists from $47 to $19 for admission on Friday.
It's official. We are having a steak fry and chicken and brats at the National Rally in Coeur d'alene , ID. It will be no charge to all who are registered at the rally. There will be a country western band
playing after dinner. It's all free if you are registered. Hope to see you there. Dave & Billie
danlapan
Posted 6/17/2012 2:33 AM (#65273 - in reply to #60336)

This is very upsetting. I was in Cd'a last year (twice). It is my home town and I was there visiting family. There is no way I can be there this year. Is it possible to reschedule this rally back one year (2011)??? If you are looking for activities in the area - Hike Tubb's hill. It's downtown and a pretty gentle 2 mile walk around the hill with beautiful views of the lake. There is also the lake cruise. I thinks it's one or two hours and is also very scenic. Visit the Old Fort Grounds and drive the Dike Road around North Idaho College (it's a whole mile long). Eat at Hudson's Hamburgers downtown on Sherman and 2nd.
Joyce
Posted 6/17/2012 10:33 AM (#65277 - in reply to #65273)

Daang the luck Dan, Hop a plane- rent a car and we won't care. Wish you could be there.
Reardan Tom
Posted 6/17/2012 2:41 PM (#65282 - in reply to #60336)

Elite Veteran

The fact that Cd'A is your home town is all the more reason to come again this year Dan. By what ever means!!
danlapan
Posted 6/17/2012 4:31 PM (#65284 - in reply to #60336)

I have to be driving to Fairbanks and setting up for the state fair at that time. If you need any Cd'a ideas let me know.
fireguy1952
Posted 7/1/2012 3:30 AM (#65509 - in reply to #60336)

New User

I joined just a month or two back and I misplaced the envelope that the pin and magazine came in for myself and my SO. We are planning on coming to the National in Idaho in 3 weeks and would like to send in some money and I do not have a number to give Billie and Dave.(side note: Hi guys, Jim and Karol here from Chelan a couple of years ago with the BMW R1100R/velo 562 rig. Coming on our new to us in March 84 Goldwing/motorvation Formula II and leaving the Beemer home for your rally) I need alittle help for how to register cause I'm cheap and want to get this in before the time limit.
Joyce
Posted 7/1/2012 4:36 AM (#65510 - in reply to #65509)

Welcome! The link to a downloadable rally registration form is located on the home page here. Here is a direct link http://www.sidecar.com/rally.asp

I'll see you there!

BeemerHack
Posted 7/5/2012 1:18 PM (#65602 - in reply to #60336)

New User

Will there be a schedule of rally events posted? Main concern is when do things start on Thurs the 19th and end on Sunday the 22nd? Also will my dog be welcome, 2 year old well mannered quiet Aussie?
Joyce
Posted 7/5/2012 1:39 PM (#65604 - in reply to #65602)

Yes, Dogs are welcome on leash. I haven't seen a schedule but normally Thursday is pretty much a get there and set up day with the rally activities ending before noon on Sunday.
BIKERBILLIE
Posted 7/17/2012 2:45 PM (#65791 - in reply to #65602)

Thursday the 18th is mostly for registration and get acquainted day. Friday,there will be different rides to breakfast and then we come back to the fairgrounds and have a seminar by Jay Giese on sidecaring. He is very knowledgeable. He has owned sidecars for many years and has a shop where he builds and sells them. Saturday, the show and shine and sidecar games will be held. Then in the afternoon we will ride to Silverwood, the largest theme park in Northern USA. Saturday we will ride to the Silver Valley Gondola at Wallace. It is the longest gondola in the world. 3.1 miles. We will stop on the way back at the Cataldo Mission. It is a mission that was built in the 1800's and is the oldest building standing in Idaho. It has lots of Native American artifacts and is quite interesting. There are several places to visit and lots of things to see in the area. Many people will be taking self guided tours of the downtown Coeur d'alene area . There the longest floating boardwalk in the world at Hagadone's hotel. Also there is a floating golf green. We will have more details when you get here.
jaydmc
Posted 7/17/2012 4:36 PM (#65799 - in reply to #65791)

Expert

A great ride is from the town of Walace to Avery. Years ago it was not paved, now it is mostly paved but there is a lot of non paved roads off of the main road. The road to Avery follows an old rail road, It is one lane wide and there are 7 train tunnels that curve in the middle which can be fun if a motorhome is coming the other way.
I will be at the event via motorhome as I just sold my bike and have not found a replacment. The seminar on Friday will be a Q&A type session. I find that this works out well as it ends up covering just about every thing but is a lot less boring then if I just speak. We may also set up a demo alignment if any one wants. I am the owner of DMC sidecars, DMC sidecars has sold, built or installed thousands of sidecars. I was the asistant instructor for the first several S/tep classes and was certifed as an instrutor in the first instructor prep class ever offered. In David Houghs book "Driving a sidecar outfit" (AKA the yellow book) many off the off road riding photo's are of my wife and I on a KLR. I have served on the board of the USCA and also my wife and I have hosted a USCA national and ran the NW sidecar pilots Yakima event for 9 years. Feel free to stop by my camp (AKA the motorhome) for a visit or to have questions answered, We will be providing a cooler full of soda's
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com
DRONE
Posted 7/18/2012 2:12 AM (#65811 - in reply to #65799)

Veteran

Jay--me and SWMBO are leaving tomorrow for CDA.  Please make sure that cooler of yours has Diet Coke (not Diet Pepsi - yech!) and maybe some Diet Root Beer too. I plan to do as much freeloading as possible this weekend. Tongue out

About riding from Wallace to Avery, I guess it depends on when most folks are going to do the gondola ride, but I was thinking about going south out of CDA then riding along the St. Joe River to Avery, then Avery to Wallace for the gondola ride on Saturday.  I was gonna go over Moon Pass, but if you know those roads already you can give me the lowdown on the best route when I come round to mooch those colas offa ya.  See ya there!

danlapan
Posted 7/18/2012 9:03 PM (#65822 - in reply to #60336)

You might also consider riding to Murray, ID from Wallace (Wallace is where Heaven's Gate with Kris Kristofferson was filmed). Wyatt Earp used to be sheriff of Murray, ID. There is a great little bar, museum, restaurant in Murray with awesome burgers. The man who used to own it collected everything (it's his personal museum) and he was a wood carver. Hanging around the inside of the building is the world's longest handcarved wooden chain. I think it's over 127 feet long.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software