Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall - but don't rush to pick him up either. >Jewish Proverb<

Elections 2012
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA NewsMessage format

Joyce
Posted 11/21/2011 10:58 AM (#61574)
Subject: Elections 2012

It feels like we do this every year, Oh wait we do! Nominations open Jan 1 and close March 1

Elections for this year are for the positions of Vice President, Secretary, and the Regional Directors for the Northeast, South Central and Northwest will be open for nominations. This is your chance to make changes or to support someone already in office. It is time to start thinking and volunteering. This is your club and you make it what it is or isn’t.

Also looking for a volunteer election chair to recieve the nominations and the ballots and transport them to the next National Rally

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reardan Tom
Posted 11/22/2011 11:01 AM (#61609 - in reply to #61574)
Subject: Re: Elections 2012

Elite Veteran

Seeing that the next National is in C d'A Idaho I'd be willing to take care of the ballots for 2012 if no one else wants to fight over the job...

Edited by Reardan Tom 11/22/2011 11:01 AM
Joyce
Posted 11/22/2011 11:21 AM (#61610 - in reply to #61609)

Thank You Tom!! Don't worry about a fight, we usually don't have that many volunteers for any job.

Reardan Tom
Posted 11/22/2011 3:36 PM (#61622 - in reply to #61574)

Elite Veteran

I said that in jest. And the reason my post show that I edited it was that in my first post I said I'd take on the ballot job for 2112. I really doubt I'll be in any condition to consider it by then not to mention there's no tellin' where the national rally will be!!
Joyce
Posted 1/22/2012 10:23 AM (#62584 - in reply to #61622)

The current officers not running for another term are Vice President, NE Director and Secretary. If you would be interested in running for one of these positions or another position please email me or find a USCA Friend to nominate you.

NOMINATION AND ELECTION PROCEDURES

A NOMINATION

An Election Chair will be appointed by the incumbent Board for the upcoming election and will be a member not serving on the current Board or seeking election.

A. All participants, nominators, nominees and voters shall be members in good standing of the USCA as of the date of their participation in the election process.

1. Send the name of the person you wish to nominate to the Election Chair. For nominations, you may use either the post office or e-mail. Nominations may be made starting January 1, but must be made by March 1. Postmarks and/or e-mail time stamps will be used to determine timely nominations.

2. The Election Chair will verify that all nominees are members in good standing and, in the case of Regional Directors, that the nominee does live within the region.

B. The nominee must confirm acceptance of the nomination. The confirmation must include a statement indicating acceptance of the nomination and the nominee's name, address, phone number and membership number. Any candidate statements and photos are to be sent directly to the editor of The Sidecarist for inclusion in the May/June issue.

C. Confirmation must be received by April 1. Postmarks and/or e-mail time stamps will be used to determine timely confirmations.

D. The candidate statements and photos will appear in the May-June issue of The Sidecarist along with a ballot. Paper ballots are the only accepted voting media. Ballots may be cast until June 1. Postmarks will be used to determine timely ballots. Members may vote for President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, but may only vote for Regional Director candidates within their region.

E. The ballot is a good opportunity to collect other information and opinions from the membership; therefore other questions may be included on the ballot form.

F. The Election Chair will receive the ballots and bring them UNOPENED to the national rally where the Election Chair, a volunteer group of members and at least one member of the Board will open the ballots and count the votes. The election chair must notify the board immediately if attending the rally in person will not be possible. In this case the unopened ballots will be brought to the rally by a board approved election chair representative.

Note: All board positions are for a two-year period with overlapping terms as follows:

2012 Offices for nomination are Vice President, Secretary, NE Region, NW Region, and SC Region.

Election Chair 2012

Tom Wells
PO Box 326
Reardan, WA 99029

tewells99029@gmail.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software