Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know. - Mark Twain
- (Added by: DAVE)

Bob's Bean Blossom Trip Pt 2
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 7/4/2004 6:02 PM (#4004)
Subject: Bob's Bean Blossom Trip Pt 2

Bob's Beam Blossom Trip
Part 2

After a leisurely breakfast of bacon & eggs, I checked my gear and headed South on Rt 15 once again. I do not like to ware a wrist watch so I picked up a cheep one at Wal-mart, removed the band, through it away, and Velcoed the watch it to the bike where I could see it. Then I can put it in my pocket if I want. Sooo, I checked the time & wrote down in my note book. Friends had told me of a of another covered bridge just south Warsaw. Well, I am retired and not in a big hurry, so 25 miles south of Warsaw I turned west on Rt 16 to the town of Roann to see this bridge too.

Cool bridge and it was in good repair. Continuing on to the west, I turned
South on Rt 19 and was intrigued by the village named Chili. I wanted to look some of the "Old Farts" in town and get the story, but there was nobody around, too bad. Soon I was at the intersection of US 24 where I tuned West on a nice divided highway to US 31 where I tuned South. I had covered 45 miles.

7 miles further south I saw the Air Museum at Grissom AFB and made a note to stop on the way home.

About 20 miles south of Kokomo, I stopped at Wilson's Farm Market and picked up some ham salad, Pepper cheese, and a green pepper for lunch. Toby joined me. They had a nice cool pavilion in which I ate and washed it down with a Peach soft drink. After giving Toby a big drink, we stopped at the next gas station as I did not wish to stop along the xway on 465 loop.

I had been dreading the traffic in the Indianapolis loop, but every moved quite smoothly. My friends told me that the east side of the loop was torn up from storm damage so I took the longer way to the west. I exited on US 31 South with 16 miles ride to the town of Franklin where I picked up Rt 44 West.

The county side became quite hilly and filled with the "Twisties" so the pleasant 7 miles on Rt 44 moved quickly. At the intersection of Rt 44 and Rt 135, I tuned south for the final leg of the journey. The 16 miles was very pleasant and soon I was at Bill Monroe's Bean Blossom. I was very surprised at the "town". There wasn't one! There was a grocery store, a Motel, and the Bean Blossom Restaurant! There was not even and intersection!

I parked and "staggered" to the registration tables. And was among the "brothers" once again. This was my first rally and got oriented and went for a ride in the facility. I chose the fartherest FREE camping I could but there were plenty portapotties available so that I would have to walk …. That was a good thing. My 70 year bones would enjoy the walking. The next thing was to set up camp.

I had ridden 410 miles to Bean Blossom and I was TIRED; remember that I am 70 years old, had a major stroke 18 months ago and last thanksgiving day, I spilled my bike on a patch of Ice and broke 4 ribs. The Lord had busy putting me back together! I needed to call my wife that I had made it and that I would be sleeping well tonight. I had arrived about 3 PM on Thursday, June 24th

End of Part 2, more to come!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software