Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I heard what you said, before you said what you said ,but I didn't hear what you said after you said it!
- (Added by: ronbo)

Bob's Bean Blossom Trip Last part
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 7/4/2004 6:41 PM (#4006)
Subject: Bob's Bean Blossom Trip Last part

Bean Blossom Trip
Last Part

Bill Monroe's Memorial Music Park & Campground was an excellent facility. It was situated on 55 acres of rolling country with plenty of trees. The crushed limestone road ways in the park was very well maintained and it was watered 2 or 3 times a day to hold the dust down. You can view it in on their web site http:// www.beanblossom.com

A row of venders were set up and they did a brisk business. I had come here with out any rain gear which I corrected with a beautiful orange set of Frog Togs. They will fit in my hard saddle bags and keep me dry. I also picked up an adjustable compass which I will mount on my handlebars!

I also snagged a copy of Jerry Hooker's new book," MOTORCYCLING THROUGH HISTORY DURING THE GOLDEN AGE OF POSTCARDS" which he autographed and date stamped for me. Jerry has a web sit and you contact him at
http:// www.motorcycle-memories.com

I photographed Jerry's rig. They called it a "Pickle nosed" sidecar (Bender Florin) with a 1972 R75/5 BMW tug. When I learn how to post pictures on Sidecar Talk I will put some shots on from Bean Blossom. I hope that someone can take me by the hand and teach me how to do that! (HINT HINT)

I was totally amazed most of the time. One thing that I did do was to have a LOT FUN!
Friday evening we went to the Bean Blossom restaurant for CAT FISH ,,, IT WAS GOOD TOO!

I did not eat a hot dog, but Toby dog got 5 that had been left over ON Saturday morning … Just for Claude! Sorry that you could not make it Claude.

I went to the flea market on Saturday, picked up that crescent wrench for 4 bucks ..

I bought an Arial bomb. It weights abouit 35 pounds ... 10 bucks at the Bean Blossom Flea Market.

Oh yes, those Door Prises .... I wone one of them!
It from was Side Effects
Kamloops, B.C. V2H 6C2
Canada
it was one of the two Steerite Triple Tree Modifications valued at about $700!

I shall contact them Monday July the fifth.

One last bit of news, Bob Petersmark has become the Michigan Rep for the USCA. I do have one request! Please, someone teach me how to post pictures on Sidecar Talk! Part of my brain has been fried by a stroke, I would realy enjoy the help.

To contact the Michigan Rep of USCA,
Bob Petersmark
10168 River Rd
Evart MI 49631
adoni@thinkextreme.net

Send me some Email!

Bob Petersmark / Spymaster

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ron/Paula
Posted 7/5/2004 12:13 PM (#4019 - in reply to #4006)
Subject: RE: Bob's Bean Blossom Trip Last part

Hi Bob, Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your report on the Bean Blossom road trip. I didn't make the rally myself,maybe next year. I'd like to visit with some side car owners in person sometime and check out the rigs. I have a Moto Guzzi Jackel with a california sidecar body with a homemade frame.I'm planing to attend a Guzzi Rally in Elkader Iowa this weekend { July 9,10,11}and hope maybe there will be rig or two there to look at. Best wishes,Ron

Posted 7/5/2004 8:01 PM (#4023 - in reply to #4006)

Thanks!

The key to sucess is ..... keep on trying! Goo for it!

Bob / spymaster
dave
Posted 7/6/2004 2:07 AM (#4025 - in reply to #4006)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Bob,
Your question:
<>
I photographed Jerry's rig. They called it a "Pickle nosed" sidecar (Bender Florin) with a 1972 R75/5 BMW tug. When I learn how to post pictures on Sidecar Talk I will put some shots on from Bean Blossom. I hope that someone can take me by the hand and teach me how to do that! (HINT HINT)
<>>
I looked and you have a picture posted at SCT. In photos, go to show all look for spymaster. If you also want to post pictures here click on albums, and post away.
Dave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software